BSOD Memory?

For the last several months, my desktop has been bluescreening nearly every time I use it, seemingly at random (seems like it may occur more frequently when under heavier load i.e. updating games). Sometimes, it crashes before I can log in. Other times I can use it for several hours before it crashes. I can't seem to figure out why or what is triggering the crash. For almost a year, I had no issues with the PC, then this started out of the blue.

So far, I have received the following codes:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Kernel Security Check Failure

ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY

POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA

99% of the time, I get the Memory Management code. I have gotten PFN List Corrupt a few time. Kernel Security Check Failure. ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY, and POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA have each only appeared once with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL being the most recent one (occured in the middle of writing this, praise auto-save). When Memory Management occurs, the system is unable to reboot itself.

Windows Trouble Shooting is of no help. I have updated Windows to no effect. sfc /scannow didn't make a diffrence. Same with chkdsk. OneDrive is no longer on the PC. I've done a full virus scan with none found. The computer has always had Windows 10 installed bought through Microsoft. I'm not sure what else to try. A lot of similar threads seem to point toward possible driver issues but I'm unsure as to where to proceed from here.

Some specs:

i3-7320

BioStar B250GT5 Motherboard

GTX1060 6gb

16gb ram

Corsair SSD - OS Drive

RAM? Just the dual 8gb sticks I'm using. 

For non-OS storage I use a different hard rive.

1 minute ago, OnyxArmos said:

Hey my friend had a very similar issue to this, it might be a ram issue. Take out all the sticks of ram and use 1 stick of ram, if the computer works fine with no issues for a long time, then you know the other stick is busted.

I'll try that. Certainly hope it's not, though. 

Have you tried RAM testing software?

https://www.memtest.org/

Make your bootable USB flash drive and run the software. It should tell you if you have an issue with your memory.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

You should try and troubleshoot by using 1 stick of 8gb and then seeing if the pc works fine, if it crashes then take it out and use the other stick, that way you can find out which one (if it is) faulty

Just pulled one. Guess we'll see how things go.

6 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

Make your bootable USB flash drive and run the software. It should tell you if you have an issue with your memory.

I'll give it a go as soon as I can find my flashdrive. Appreciate it.

1 minute ago, OnyxArmos said:

Trust me I know how incredibly frustrating this is, my friend and I took like 3 hours trying to identify which stick of ram was failing him (and he had 4 in his PC at once DX )

If you can't identify which one it is, then Razorblade is right you could try https://www.memtest.org/

Good to know I'm not alone. Was about ready to take the thing outside and put it out its misery for sake of my own sanity.

Alright. So, things may be looking up. The PC crashed 3 times in the several minutes that I wrote this thread. Since I pulled the stick of ram, it hasn't happened yet. I'll run some programs and let it sit for a while. If it doesn't crash in that time (or in the following days) it may be back to normal again. Hopefully, the warranty on that ram is still good...

In any case. Thanks for all the help! If it doesn't work out, I'll be back. I'll update the thread either way.

Any chance this could be an issue with the motherboard or some weird incompatibility that has been created between the two sticks? I've been testing both sticks individually and, so far, they both seem to work fine when on their own. No crashes whatsoever. It seems that the issue might only appear when both are used together. I'm going to keep testing and run a memtest on each but it seems they work fine.

New BSOD and code faulty hardware corrupted page.Swapped RAM. We'll see if it happens again.

• 4 weeks later...

Ran a memtest test. No issues were found. Figure the issue is probably software rather than hardware, unfortunately.