Link Aggregation Windows 10 pro HELP NEEDED

Go to solution Solved by schizznick,

LAG, Bonding or Port Channeling does not aggregate bandwidth. The maximum speed to any one host is still limited to the max speed of the interface the session is assigned to. LAG is designed to allow a server or workstation machine to handle more bandwidth to multiple sessions. Each session again is limited to the max bandwidth of that one interface. Microsoft has developed some technology allowing you to use LAG in a LAN environment between a Windows Server and Desktop for file transfers. This, however, does not work over the Internet. You'd have to get a Router with 10Gbps interfaces to handle anything more than 1Gbps per host.

So I have one Aquantia AQtion 5Gbps nic and the built in 1Gbps nic in the Gigabyte X470 Gaming k7 mobo. I want to get LAG working for it since my x8 netgear router can do LAG. I have another of the 5Gbps nic but its not installed. Should I install it and try to LAG them. How would I do so on windows 10 pro. I have 2Gbps up and down from comcast but my router only does 1Gbps unless its using LAG. Can anyone help. I'm willing to use 3rd party software.

LAG, Bonding or Port Channeling does not aggregate bandwidth. The maximum speed to any one host is still limited to the max speed of the interface the session is assigned to. LAG is designed to allow a server or workstation machine to handle more bandwidth to multiple sessions. Each session again is limited to the max bandwidth of that one interface. Microsoft has developed some technology allowing you to use LAG in a LAN environment between a Windows Server and Desktop for file transfers. This, however, does not work over the Internet. You'd have to get a Router with 10Gbps interfaces to handle anything more than 1Gbps per host.

Wont work on Windows 10 Pro, the LBOF feature is disabled in the OS.

You would need to use the same manufacturer such as Intel x5** network series and use their OS and driver specific teaming capability.

Unfortunately MS removed the feature for nic teaming on Windows 10.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply