Display or audio issue?

PdaddySmalls

Hi, I'm just seeing if anyone out there can help me. Every time I watch Twitch, Hulu, Netflix and YouTube after a few minutes my Sound is about half to sometimes even a full second ahead I think? Or it might be behind lol but either way, I don't know what's wrong. I have tried seeing if I have updates on my Windows and Drivers and nothing changes and sometimes google chrome still does it. I don't know if it is a display thing or and audio thing either way I'm just hoping someone here can help it will be very much appreciated. Thank You.

Type winver into the search bar of you computer and hit enter.

A window should pop up, copy down the version of windows listed there (it should be a 4 digit number if you're on windows 10) and send it, or just post a screenshot.

Looks like older versions of windows 10 have issues with realtek audio getting out of sync in streamed content.

1 hour ago, PdaddySmalls said:

That looks fine, apparently update 1709 should've fixed it, and you're on the next version, 1803.

What kind of sound device are you using (e.g. integrated, add in sound card, bluetooth speaker)?

From what I've seen, the most reliable solution is to get an add in sound card if you have a desktop, or a USB audio device if you have a laptop. Since often even reinstalling windows doesn't help.

From what im being told it might be a google chrome thing like extensions. Seems like its quite a common issue sadly and not really a permanent way to fix it.

Just now, PdaddySmalls said:

From what im being told it might be a google chrome thing like extensions. Seems like its quite a common issue sadly and not really a permanent way to fix it.

Do you have any non-google extensions?

8 minutes ago, PdaddySmalls said:

These are all the extensions I have on google but I do have a gyazo "Desktop App" but I don't think that would really do anything?? https://gyazo.com/6eebb96167c0916652c671099a514142

I would try disabling those four things in the top left of the image except for google docs. those are the only 3rd party things that could be slowing it down.

It seems like it did stop after disabling them all. I think I might just turn them on one by one and see which one it is.

16 hours ago, PdaddySmalls said:

It seems like it did stop after disabling them all. I think I might just turn them on one by one and see which one it is.

Sounds good!