High quality high fps camera

I'm looking around for a camera that can shoot above 240 fps at a decent quality. Doesn't have to be HD but I would like 720p, though VGA is fine. I currently use a GoPro recording at VGA 240fps and I would like to try and slow the footage down further than 10 times.

I know there are many cameras out there that can do this but they are very expensive compared to my GoPro at least. I really don't want to spend more than £1000. Although I am only looking at the moment and don't plan to buy for a short while.

Any suggestions?

does it what?

Shoot at that FPS? You said you have GoPro and Isn't the petter one the hero?

Take a look at the phantom flex,very good camera, just a bit expensive

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Shoot at that FPS? You said you have GoPro and Isn't the petter one the hero?

I have the GoPro Hero 3 black, sorry should've mentioned that. I thought all GoPros are Hero branded though? Just differentiated by the colour. The only one higher up than mine is the new Hero 3+ black. But that's mostly image improvement not fps. It does make nice slow motion shots, as long as there is enough light.

The Casio EX-ZR100 does 1000FPS, but quality will be balls

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

http://edgertronic.com/

I dunno what you can afford, but that? ^^

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

Might as well get the FS700

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

lol yep that's definitely beyond my budget. Tell you something if I had that kind of money I wouldn't spend it on a camera! Renting is a possibility but I'm not sure if it's worth it for what I do.

The Casio EX-ZR100 does 1000FPS, but quality will be balls

224x64? What does that look like? Don't think it's worth the upgrade from my GoPro.

Might as well get the FS700

http://edgertronic.com/I dunno what you can afford, but that? ^^

Those are a little more reasonable but I think I'll probably only be able to rent them rather than buy them. Is the GoPro really the only sensible option? All I want is 480 fps. I'll think I'll stick with it, it's still my favourite camera.

I don't think the market exists for what I'm looking for, I think I may just use a bit of fiddling with frame interpolation in editing, I was curious but I guess not yet at least.