Problem subscribing with PayPal

Car712

Hello, so I am trying to get a Bronze subscription with paypal, but when I click order and pay, it takes me to the paypal login page, I login with my account, but then it is telling me I have to add a credit or debit card to do this transaction. Thing is, I have a paypal balance, and I want to use that, and the only cards in my paypal account are visa prepaid cards, I really dont want to have to add my real credit card. Is there any way around this? Usually selecting 'paypal express' on sites does bypass this for me, and lets me use balance, but there is no paypal express option here.

2 minutes ago, bobbyd52 said:

Hello, so I am trying to get a Bronze subscription with paypal, but when I click order and pay, it takes me to the paypal login page, I login with my account, but then it is telling me I have to add a credit or debit card to do this transaction. Thing is, I have a paypal balance, and I want to use that, and the only cards in my paypal account are visa prepaid cards, I really dont want to have to add my real credit card. Is there any way around this? Usually selecting 'paypal express' on sites does bypass this for me, and lets me use balance, but there is no paypal express option here.

You must have a primary (and in some cases, a backup) payment method on your PayPal account in order to use it for subscriptions. This means PayPal will not let you subscribe to anything monthly without a Credit Card attached to your account. In some countries/with some banks, adding your bank account is enough to verify your account, even without a credit card attached to the account, depending on how long you've had your PayPal account and what your prior history is. You'll need to add a Credit Card to the account before you can use it with preapproved subscription payments.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

You must have a primary (and in some cases, a backup) payment method on your PayPal account in order to use it for subscriptions. This means PayPal will not let you subscribe to anything monthly without a Credit Card attached to your account. In some countries/with some banks, adding your bank account is enough to verify your account, even without a credit card attached to the account, depending on how long you've had your PayPal account and what your prior history is. You'll need to add a Credit Card to the account before you can use it with preapproved subscription payments.

Alright, well, thanks for the info!