Wine guide for mac osx 10.13.5

Zeta_Demon

I cannot figure out how to get wine running properly because every guide ive found is for old versions of wine and mac os and it wont work due to things being changed, can someone either please make a guide or link me to a recent guide. id rather not use something like wine bottler, ive tried it before and it doesnt work for me

Main PC (The Silencer): CPU - i5 8400 | Cooler - Noctua ND-D15 | Motherboard - Asus tuf Z370 Plus Gaming | Memory - Team Dark 16GB DDR4 2400MHz | Graphics card - Nvidia 750 ti | Storage - Crucial MX500 500GB, WD Blue 2TB | Case - Fractal Design Define R6 | PSU - Evga Supernova 650W 80+ Platinum

Just use bootcamp. If the mac doesn't run bootcamp then it is probably too old to run any games other than turn based simple games or newer games at abysmal frame rates that are basically unplayable. Also, please get an external GPU for it to be a much better experience.

3 hours ago, cflanders said:

Just use bootcamp. If the mac doesn't run bootcamp then it is probably too old to run any games other than turn based simple games or newer games at abysmal frame rates that are basically unplayable. Also, please get an external GPU for it to be a much better experience.

im not trying to play games, i have a desktop for that. im just trying to get some windows applications running on mac os

Main PC (The Silencer): CPU - i5 8400 | Cooler - Noctua ND-D15 | Motherboard - Asus tuf Z370 Plus Gaming | Memory - Team Dark 16GB DDR4 2400MHz | Graphics card - Nvidia 750 ti | Storage - Crucial MX500 500GB, WD Blue 2TB | Case - Fractal Design Define R6 | PSU - Evga Supernova 650W 80+ Platinum

4 hours ago, Zeta_Demon said:

im not trying to play games, i have a desktop for that. im just trying to get some windows applications running on mac os

The easiest way will still be to just use boot camp. It is reliable (at least in my experience) and not hard to set up

16 hours ago, cflanders said:

The easiest way will still be to just use boot camp. It is reliable (at least in my experience) and not hard to set up

boot camp takes up more storage space at wont work if youre trying to run older windows programs

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2018 at 8:01 PM, Zeta_Demon said:

boot camp takes up more storage space at wont work if youre trying to run older windows programs

You can run boot camp with older versions of windows like windows 7 and it takes up about as much space as a modern game such as Fortnite whose latest update was 22gb for PC. Either way, you will have a better experience on Windows and if you don't have enough spare storage for a windows install than you probably don't have enough storage for many games. You can do it however you like though, I just suggested a better and easier alternative. Have a nice day!