Error with Intel Optane

I bought an Optane 32GB recently and im trying to install it and i can put the config to RTS Premium, when i try to do it my pc starts to loop in the BIOS and the only way to get back the normal its putting the config back to SATA.

I got an i5-8400 and a ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H

15 minutes ago, Arata2025 said:

I bought an Optane 32GB recently and im trying to install it and i can put the config to RTS Premium, when i try to do it my pc starts to loop in the BIOS and the only way to get back the normal its putting the config back to SATA.

I got an i5-8400 and a ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H

Based on everything I've been googling for the last 15 minutes, I'd recommend contacting both Intel and your motherboard manufacturer for proper instructions on setting up Optane, or returning it and buying an SSD for your boot drive instead. Everything I'm reading on the internet about configuring Optane makes me want to cry because it's far too complicated (aka a waste of time to setup) compared to the time I'd save just buying and using an SSD. Maybe someone else will come along with a better answer, but even the other threads on these forums fall short of providing a useful guide / answer for using "RST Premium" mode with Optane.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

My System is in the C: Drive (an 1TB Toshiba p300) and yes, i am using the UEFI mode