Download/Upload Speed Issues.

Sofas

First things first I'll state off the important info.

MOBO:ASUS Z170-a
ROUTER: Proprietary/Provided by ISP Capable of 10Gb
DRIVER: Intel Ethernet Connection (2) I-129V, Version 12.15.25.6 (Latest)
LAN CABLE: cat6
LINK STATUS: 1Gb Full Duplex, no EEE. Router Displays connection as 1Gbp/s to the PC as well.
ADVANCED ADAPTOR SETTINGS:  All set to default.
ISP CONNECTION SPEED: 320Mb Down. 320Mb Up. (extra 20 is for overhead according to ISP, how considerate of them.)

For a few months(?), I have been getting only around 65% of the advertised download speeds and around 35% upload.
Speedtest results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7617332831

I have tried nearly everything possible to solve my issues and I can not figure out the issue for the life of me. I have tried multiple driver versions and adaptor configurations. I have tried multiple LAN cables each are cat5e or cat6, and all have been tried in every port on the router.

I have also had my ISP over to confirm it is not a connection issue or an issue with them. The engineer who came also confirmed on his own computer that the connection being sent to the house is indeed working as advertised. I've even completely reinstalled windows and attempted all of the steps I have said above after confirming the reinstall didn't solve the issue.

I have tried every solution I have come across on the internet, which has been over hundreds of forum posts on over multiple forums with no avail. I have never had a problem with solving my own issues, but this one problem has been so consistent and it is driving me nuts.

I hope SOMEBODY here knows the solution to my problem, as I am at the end of my wits here. I will provide any extra info that I have not already provided if needed.

Edit: I realize this is in the wrong forum and should be in troubleshooting. A moderator can move it if need be.

13 minutes ago, Sofas said:

I hope SOMEBODY here knows the solution to my problem, as I am at the end of my wits here. I will provide any extra info that I have not already provided if needed.

Edit: I realize this is in the wrong forum and should be in troubleshooting. A moderator can move it if need be.

They are probably lying to you, I had the smae problem with a past ISP, they wouldnt even admit there was a problem till I sent letters to FCC and BBB.

10 hours ago, itisme911 said:

They are probably lying to you, I had the smae problem with a past ISP, they wouldnt even admit there was a problem till I sent letters to FCC and BBB.

Yes, except the ISP came to my house and visibly showed me on his own computer while connected to lan that the speeds are indeed correct and as advertised.

14 minutes ago, Sofas said:

Yes, except the ISP came to my house and visibly showed me on his own computer while connected to lan that the speeds are indeed correct and as advertised.

How are you connecting? Via a router which then connections to their box or directly to their box?

Who is the ISP? What model router/modem/etc. that they provided do you have?

Edit:

You mentioned they connected and showed you getting the rated speed, did you connect the same way?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

How are you connecting? Via a router which then connections to their box or directly to their box?

Who is the ISP? What model router/modem/etc. that they provided do you have?

Edit:

You mentioned they connected and showed you getting the rated speed, did you connect the same way?

I mentioned in my first post all the necessary info. I'm connecting via LAN, and I have tried all the ports on the router, with both cat5e and cat6. Router is proprietary, but it's capable of 10Gb. The ISP is local, that piggybacks off Google's Fiber lines. I've tried connecting directly to the fiber box, and connecting to the router with the same results. The engineer just connected to the router via lan, and even tried with one of my cables to confirm it's not that either.

6 minutes ago, Sofas said:

I mentioned in my first post all the necessary info. I'm connecting via LAN, and I have tried all the ports on the router, with both cat5e and cat6. Router is proprietary, but it's capable of 10Gb. The ISP is local, that piggybacks off Google's Fiber lines. I've tried connecting directly to the fiber box, and connecting to the router with the same results. The engineer just connected to the router via lan, and even tried with one of my cables to confirm it's not that either.

Well I'm not sure who is telling you that their Calix Gigacenter boxes are capable of 10Gbit but they aren't, they only have 1Gbit ports on them. Not really relevant but a quick google search turned up the models that Allo uses and I assume you have the Calix 844G Gigacenter box.

To the problem at hand, have you checked in the router for any QoS settings that might be enabled and tried disabling them?

Have you tried another machine? Phone via WiFi?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 hours ago, Sofas said:

Theey dont run that speed 24/7, they did the same for me

12 hours ago, Lurick said:

Well I'm not sure who is telling you that their Calix Gigacenter boxes are capable of 10Gbit but they aren't, they only have 1Gbit ports on them. Not really relevant but a quick google search turned up the models that Allo uses and I assume you have the Calix 844G Gigacenter box.

To the problem at hand, have you checked in the router for any QoS settings that might be enabled and tried disabling them?

Have you tried another machine? Phone via WiFi?

Sorry, I mistyped the 0, I meant 1Gb. However yes, I have disabled the QoS setting that was enabled in the router, and also loaded group policies to stop windows from reserving 20% bandwidth which I didn't mention above. I've tried 2 other machines, and their speeds have been correct, it's only my own PC with the issue.

7 hours ago, Sofas said:

Sorry, I mistyped the 0, I meant 1Gb. However yes, I have disabled the QoS setting that was enabled in the router, and also loaded group policies to stop windows from reserving 20% bandwidth which I didn't mention above. I've tried 2 other machines, and their speeds have been correct, it's only my own PC with the issue.

Hmmm, that's got me scratching my head and the only thing I can think of is possibly the NIC on the motherboard. I've got the same one and I always get well below what I'm supposed to but when I go through a different NIC I get my rated speed every time. Unfortunately the only way to confirm or deny that would be to pick up a PCIe x1 NIC with a gigabit port and pop it in to see.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 hours ago, Lurick said:

Hmmm, that's got me scratching my head and the only thing I can think of is possibly the NIC on the motherboard. I've got the same one and I always get well below what I'm supposed to but when I go through a different NIC I get my rated speed every time. Unfortunately the only way to confirm or deny that would be to pick up a PCIe x1 NIC with a gigabit port and pop it in to see.

Out of curiosity, I installed a bootable version of Ubuntu on a USB drive to test if it was a windows 10 issue in any way. To my dismay, the speeds were exactly the same as on Windows 10. My only conclusions I could make from this would be A) My motherboards NIC is crap, or it's as itisme911 stated, and my provider is limiting my speeds. Unfortunately, I cannot test a separate PCIe NIC, as I don't have one, nor the money available currently to purchase one. I'll attempt to contact my ISP first, and possibly file a complaint against them with the FCC if it turns out they are limiting me.

As mentioned in the first post, this has only been happening since approx.~ February of this year. Previously, I was capable of reaching the full 320/320 connection, so my ISP COULD be the issue here unless my NIC decided to just crap itself.

26 minutes ago, Sofas said:

Out of curiosity, I installed a bootable version of Ubuntu on a USB drive to test if it was a windows 10 issue in any way. To my dismay, the speeds were exactly the same as on Windows 10. My only conclusions I could make from this would be A) My motherboards NIC is crap, or it's as itisme911 stated, and my provider is limiting my speeds. Unfortunately, I cannot test a separate PCIe NIC, as I don't have one, nor the money available currently to purchase one. I'll attempt to contact my ISP first, and possibly file a complaint against them with the FCC if it turns out they are limiting me.

As mentioned in the first post, this has only been happening since approx.~ February of this year. Previously, I was capable of reaching the full 320/320 connection, so my ISP COULD be the issue here unless my NIC decided to just crap itself.

Yah, what leads me to believe it's more likely the NIC is that other computers work fine as you mentioned earlier. The "good" news is that a PCIe NIC with a single gigabit port is generally $10 or less brand new so they can be had pretty cheaply.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 hours ago, Lurick said:

Yah, what leads me to believe it's more likely the NIC is that other computers work fine as you mentioned earlier. The "good" news is that a PCIe NIC with a single gigabit port is generally $10 or less brand new so they can be had pretty cheaply.

Looks like I'll have to look around and try to find a decent, and cheap NIC to try out. Never crossed my mind to think it was the NIC itself causing the issues. I'll try this out first before contacting my ISP again if the issue persists. Thanks for the help and second opinion. The topic can be closed.