Iphone 8 plus water damaged/not?

gabe54541

Hey guys. Just wanted to see whats happening with my iphone. Ive since bought a new one since my water damage incident but have noticed that the origional one is still working technically because whenever i connect it to my computer it still recognizes it and ive cince done a reset on the phone. The only things that dont work on the phone are the home button in reality. The screen is showing a faint light when you turn it to a sharp angle and look at it as if its back-lite is on but isn't displaying a image at ALL. Wanted to see if this is a simple fix that can be repaired from a simple home button and screen replacement.  

Current build.

I7-4930K     ASUS SABERTOOTH X79 MOBO     32GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RAM    3TB HARD DRIVE

MSI LIGHTNING GTX 1080 TI    4 OPTICAL DRIVES      CORSAIR H100i V2      750 WATT CORSAIR PSU 

My best suggestion is to contact a technician (Apple certified or Apple directly if possible) and ask them to assess the phone, then they'll decide what needs fixing or if its even repairable. You could repair it yourself, if you have experience doing so. If you really want to recover the phone, you'll probably have to spend a couple hundred bucks if its even repairable.

-Kevin-