random black screen when high termperature

pomkon

I only play smite on my 4k 60fps monitor. My rx470 4g + gx550 psu doesnt work well on this non demanding game. 

Initially i had 1070ti for the system everything was fine at max setings. 

then i changed to rx470, i was able to play with setting unchanged, i would encounter random black screens for about 1-2s before returning to normal when playing games. It happened more and more, eventually i used msi afterburner to max out fan speed, the black screen problem frequency reduced.

However recently I can only play the game at 2k, low settings. At 4k lowest settings, frames can be 40-60fps, not enjoyable, and still black screen sometimes. at the moment, im playing at 2k lowest settings, Whats wrong with the card? Its still under warranty.

Try running a stress test (Heaven Benchmark) and see if black screens or not, check the the temperatures and if it <90 degrees you should RMA it. 

Magical Pineapples

1 hour ago, EMC said:

Try running a stress test (Heaven Benchmark) and see if black screens or not, check the the temperatures and if it <90 degrees you should RMA it. 

i just run 1080p medium preset performance test, (stress test needed a upgrade license). the result came out fine, max 74 C

however upon seeing the result page, before i have time to screencap, the screen flickers alot, then turn into grey mosaic noise screen(not sure about the right term)

so i ran it again, no black screen afterwards...

59 minutes ago, pomkon said:

i just run 1080p medium preset performance test, (stress test needed a upgrade license). the result came out fine, max 74 C

however upon seeing the result page, before i have time to screencap, the screen flickers alot, then turn into grey mosaic noise screen(not sure about the right term)

so i ran it again, no black screen afterwards...

Did you buy it from online retailer or a local one? If you are able to record it acting up and show as proof you can RMA it via manufacturer or seller you brought it from. It usually will be quicker for retailer if they do testing in house and can offer replacements units. You might have ask, as I normally buy from a local retailer in Australia which from my experiences have in house RMA and if it product is broken they sent replacement after testing if item is in stock or offer refund/instore credit..

Magical Pineapples