How full does a drive have to be, to start slowing down my PC?

Elfman
4 minutes ago, Elfman said:

^^^ title

it shouldnt, its more like how much you use it, or how hard its enviorment (physical, heat etc)

sort of diffrent from ssds lowkey. 

by "slowing down my pc" do you mean you are running os on the harddrive?

3 minutes ago, youmanyousef said:

it shouldnt, its more like how much you use it, or how hard its enviorment (physical, heat etc)

sort of diffrent from ssds lowkey. 

by "slowing down my pc" do you mean you are running os on the harddrive?

oh by drive I meant SSD my bad, by slowing down PC I meant how full does the drive have to be to where it will affect how fast things load up / start up etc

Back in the day the year 2000 I bought my first PC.  A pre build Intel pentium 3 it came with a IBM deskstar HDD (cant remember the capacity).  I do remember it chugging along once it was 3/4 full.  Since then I always have far more storage than I needed. 

Have you watched Linus's Data Recovery video there is some valuable info in it 

49 minutes ago, Elfman said:

oh by drive I meant SSD my bad, by slowing down PC I meant how full does the drive have to be to where it will affect how fast things load up / start up etc

either way if its on a ssd or on a harddrive(not as huge of a problem) if your os is running on it and doesnt have head room then it will slow down.

Especially ssds. they need that overhead. basically around 10% free space is when youll start to notice.

On 9/1/2018 at 2:19 PM, youmanyousef said:

either way if its on a ssd or on a harddrive(not as huge of a problem) if your os is running on it and doesnt have head room then it will slow down.

Especially ssds. they need that overhead. basically around 10% free space is when youll start to notice.

aight thanks :)