Sleeper PC build

I apologise if this post is categorized incorrectly, it's my first one, so be gentle.

I have a case from a company I can't identify. Google has not been helpful, and the only things I have to go on are as follows; the motherboard it used to house is an Asus pvi-486ap4, with an Intel i486 dx2. The picture below shows the case and it's front pannel, the plate on the front reads "New tech personal computer"

If anyone can shed some light on this for me I'd appreciate it, I would like to know the history of the case, and also the pinout of the front plate so that I can wire up the lights and buttons properly.

15358283343042184054673879450105.jpg

15358284954112383692960889795682.jpg

I love how hideous that is. Does it fit ATX components?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If you cannot work out the pinout of the front panel connectors, I don't think this is a job for you to take upon yourself.

8 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

If you cannot work out the pinout of the front panel connectors, I don't think this is a job for you to take upon yourself.

I can figure it out, for sure, I'm just really lazy. I'm more interested in figuring out where the case came from, because like I said, I couldn't find it anywhere on Google.

21 hours ago, fasauceome said:

I love how hideous that is. Does it fit ATX components?

Not yet. I will have some serious work ahead of me, but I'm 98% sure I can make it work. If not, I'm not opposed to using a smaller form factor, though id rather not do that.

40 minutes ago, MackenziesPairOfSock said:

Not yet. I will have some serious work ahead of me, but I'm 98% sure I can make it work. If not, I'm not opposed to using a smaller form factor, though id rather not do that.

I'm sure an SFX power supply's included bracket could be janked into place to accommodate the itty bitty CPU if necessary, since I'm sure you'd rather mess with the bracket than the PSU itself. In terms of I/O, what will you pack with this thing? I've got a dell optiplex 280x that will get a similar treatment to this thing, so I look forward to seeing how you add the motherboard standoffs. The Pics of the motherboard I saw look like a micro ATX ish form factor.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 hours ago, MackenziesPairOfSock said:

I can figure it out, for sure, I'm just really lazy. I'm more interested in figuring out where the case came from, because like I said, I couldn't find it anywhere on Google.

The thing is, it's pretty clear that a generic beige box from before the internet wouldn't have documentation for it. I wouldn't even bother researching an unknown brand case from a computer from a PGA 478 computer (10 years after that), because chances are you'll find nothing either. The most info you will ever find on the case is a photo from a sold listing of a computer on ebay with nothing in the description about the case.

7 hours ago, fasauceome said:

The Pics of the motherboard I saw look like a micro ATX ish form factor.

It's not, it's baby AT.

AT (and it's derivatives) were the standard form factor for IBM PC clones (Because that's the form factor IBM used in their PCs), before intel created the ATX standard.

You can easily put a baby AT motherboard in a modern ATX case, but you cannot the other way around. The OP needs to replace the motherboard tray, or cut up the case.

Baby AT motherboard in ATX case

Spoiler

Image result for baby at vs atx

On 9/2/2018 at 5:55 PM, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The thing is, it's pretty clear that a generic beige box from before the internet wouldn't have documentation for it. I wouldn't even bother researching an unknown brand case from a computer from a PGA 478 computer (10 years after that), because chances are you'll find nothing either. The most info you will ever find on the case is a photo from a sold listing of a computer on ebay with nothing in the description about the case.

It's not, it's baby AT.

AT (and it's derivatives) were the standard form factor for IBM PC clones (Because that's the form factor IBM used in their PCs), before intel created the ATX standard.

You can easily put a baby AT motherboard in a modern ATX case, but you cannot the other way around. The OP needs to replace the motherboard tray, or cut up the case.

Baby AT motherboard in ATX case

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for baby at vs atx

On the first part, thank you for the information. And secondly, pictured below is the inside of the case: I intend to remove the hard drive cage, and the other piece of metal next to it. I would like to leave the other drive cage intact, just for the aesthetics of the build. I'm thinking I might have to do a smaller motherboard than full ATX even after all that. It should be noted that, while this is my first all new build, I have some experience with junkyard building. I'm not super familiar with full or eATX motherboards, just because usually I end up with proprietary motherboards from office PC's. That being said, I intend to make this work, one way or another. 

15360843162325154358427797355616.jpg

judging by the size of those expansion slots on the back, it does look like full ATX is a possibility. You'll need to pretty up the holes in the back, maybe angle grinder man can help, but you should take a tape measure to the inside and check the measurements against the ATX form factor dimensions. 8 expansion slots gives the sense that there's more than enough vertical space there, and removing the drive cages might not even be necessary.

Primary PC:

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

judging by the size of those expansion slots on the back, it does look like full ATX is a possibility. You'll need to pretty up the holes in the back, maybe angle grinder man can help, but you should take a tape measure to the inside and check the measurements against the ATX form factor dimensions. 8 expansion slots gives the sense that there's more than enough vertical space there, and removing the drive cages might not even be necessary.

That's what I thought, and I've been looking for my tape measure (roommate moves shit all the time) but the drive cages DEFINITELY need to come out. Vertical clerance isn't a problem, or shouldn't be. I'm also going to try to fit in a 240 rad, for some sick water-cooling.

This could be a very interesting build indeed!

Following to see whatg happens ;)

Instructions ? WHAT?!?!?! A man don't need instructions!       Oh............wait a minute...........................What's this bit for?  aaaaaagh!!
Vita imitatur artem, imitantur vitae
Lenovo M73 10AXS38G00 i7 4785T 2.20GHz, 16GB Ram, WD Black2 1.2TB Dual Drive, W7 64bit Ultimate, Lightscribe mulit-write Optical.
Lenovo M73 10AXS06G02 G3220T 2.6Ghz, 6GB RAM, 320GB HDD, W7U, Stock DVD Optical
Lenovo T420 42369N8, i5 2520M 2.5/3.2GHz, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD (iOS 10.13.6 High Sierra), 750GB WD HDD (W7 Ultimate) Dual Boot, Lightscribe mulit-write Optical.
Lenovo L412 4403CT0, i5 520M, 2.4Ghz, 6GB RAM, 320GB HDD Win7 Ultimate Stock DVD Optical.
Custom (re)Build Tower (WIP). Asus Prime B350 Plus Mobo, GTX 960 GPU, Custom MOD Watercooling, Gamemax Falcon Case (two windowed side panels), RGB fans, dual rad CPU loop with 240 & 280 Rads, 120 GPU Rad. RGB Fittings, RGB & BL case lighting. Custom acrylic internal shields/shrouds. Remainder TBD.