Best 6pin AMD card?

App4that

Like the title says, looking for the best AMD graphics card that has one 6pin power connector. Google says the 370 but a 960 beats it, and trying to stay AMD. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Thats sounds about right,

The reference RX480 came with a 6 pin though, pulled the rest of the power through the motherboard.

Chances are if you only have a 6pin connector on the PSU you probably couldnt take it

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

Like the title says, looking for the best AMD graphics card that has one 6pin power connector. Google says the 370 but a 960 beats it, and trying to stay AMD. 

The best you're gonna get with just 6 pin power is an RX 560.

If you're willing to go to Nvidia, you can get a 1060 6GB which also has just a 6 pin.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The power supply is a 525w Silver, it should be fine. 

2 minutes ago, ELDER_MAN said:

LOL, GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1060 is the best option.

You missed the part where I'm trying it stay AMD.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

The power supply is a 525w Silver, it should be fine. 

You missed the part where I'm trying it stay AMD.

The STRIX version of the RX 470 has a single 6-pin connector. Try going that route because I don't believe that you will find a faster AMD card with a 6-pin, there are other RX 470 variants out there, I believe that the XFX RX 470 RS is equipped with a 6-pin too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The Pulse ITX RX 570s from Sapphire have a 6 pin only, as does the reference RX 570 I think.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

525w silver means nothing really, you need to specify the model.

i could have  1 kw gold but it could literally be a piece of crap

Dell T3500, I'll grab a pick. Running a Fermi Quadro 5000 just fine though. 

8 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

525w silver means nothing really, you need to specify the model.

i could have  1 kw gold but it could literally be a piece of crap

You can just plug a 6 pin into an 8 pin card without issue, just don't go crazy on power and probably undervolt it to keep it under 200W at least.

Although that PSU is likely trash and should probably be replaced no matter what GPU you end up with.

Edited by Streetguru

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You can just plug a 6 pin into an 8 pin card without issue, just don't go crazy on power and probably undervolt it to keep it under 200W at least.

Although that PSU is likely trash and should probably be replaced no matter what GPU you end up with.

My Lightning came with a 6 to 8 pin adapter, so worst case I have it. The Strix has a 6pin, 200 bucks. 

Is there something that performs like a 470, but carries a 8pin? Not sure if a 380X can hang with a 470

14 minutes ago, App4that said:

My Lightning came with a 6 to 8 pin adapter, so worst case I have it. The Strix has a 6pin, 200 bucks. 

Is there something that performs like a 470, but carries a 8pin? Not sure if a 380X can hang with a 470

If you can buy an RX 470/570 just do that, probably one of the better GPU's your find for the money assuming the price is decent.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you can buy an RX 470/570 just do that, probably one of the better GPU's your find for the money assuming the price is decent.

That's the trick, is finding the right price. I don't do Ebay, so that gimps me. Amazon has a Strix 470 for 200, cheapest I've found so far. I could replace the power supply for 50 bucks easy, and that leaves 150 for a card not limited by being 6pin. 

Hmmm

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

That's the trick, is finding the right price. I don't do Ebay, so that gimps me. Amazon has a Strix 470 for 200, cheapest I've found so far. I could replace the power supply for 50 bucks easy, and that leaves 150 for a card not limited by being 6pin. 

Hmmm

You can just buy the better GPU now then buy a better PSU later...just limit the power draw in the meantime, performance is still going to be solid at under 150W on a 470/570

Spoiler