GPU Removal

Taheru
Go to solution Solved by Taheru,

SOLVED !!!!

It took me hours for a simple solution i did not plug in the HDMI cable to the right one. I plugged in the HDMI cable to the motherboard instead of the graphics card itself. I feel so stupid oh my god.... Thank you for trying @EarthWormJM2

Hello everyone 

If there is another post im sorry and I will delete this

I am in need of help regarding my newly built PC. I am having black screens for awhile and so i decided to disconnect the GPU and the computer worked ( didnt press anything tho). According to PCPartsPicker that my parts are compatible and my last thread as well people said it works (though i did change the motherboard without any notice but the new motherboard should be the same). I really dont wanna buy another GPU as they are really expensive

My Specs : 

CPU : i5-8400

GPU : GTX 1070 8gb

Motherboard : ASROCK B360M Pro

RAM : G.Skill 16 GB (2x8gb)

PSU : FOCUS Plus 550 Gold

HDD : Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive

SSD : Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

please and thank you

Just to make sure I got this - the computer has black screens when the GPU is plugged in, but works fine when the monitor is plugged into the motherboard?

You may need to force the GPU and disable Intel's iGPU. Is the GPU detected in the BIOS?

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

@EarthWormJM2 I am not sure yet i havent press anything ever since the computer worked as i am afraid i might press something but i will check

Edit : Had the worse timing and cant check the BIOS due to electricity outtage -_-

1 minute ago, Taheru said:

@EarthWormJM2 I am not sure yet i havent press anything ever since the computer worked as i am afraid i might press something but i will check

If you are worried, just make sure to NOT select 'save and exit' from the BIOS and you will be fine.

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

@EarthWormJM2 Im currently in the bios and it does not show any GPU or anything it only shows the CPU,RAM, HDD,SSD, CPU and Chassis Fans 

2 hours ago, Taheru said:

@EarthWormJM2 Im currently in the bios and it does not show any GPU or anything it only shows the CPU,RAM, HDD,SSD, CPU and Chassis Fans 

Hmmm, That would depend on the BIOS... It may not be there. Sometimes you will see it in POST, but again, that depends on your BIOS. Does the GPU's fans spin up when you first power on the PC or any lights on it light up (if it has lighting)? Want to make sure it is at least getting power.

Do you happen to have any other GPU (even a really old one) that you can throw in, or another computer (basically a different motherboard) to see if its the motherboard or your current GPU?

Also, When you have the 1070 in the computer and boot it up, do you see any part of Windows loading? (i.e. the windows logo, then it disappears) or do you just see the POST screen (i.e. motherboard/manufacturer logo)?

Yes the GPU fans spin sadly enough i dont have any spare motherboard and GPU. I just recently installed windows 10 and it goes through just fine. Im thinking of updating the bios and see if it can go through but other than that idk what else i can do >_>

P.S The pc works fine if i dont plug in the GPU  to the power supply

SOLVED !!!!

It took me hours for a simple solution i did not plug in the HDMI cable to the right one. I plugged in the HDMI cable to the motherboard instead of the graphics card itself. I feel so stupid oh my god.... Thank you for trying @EarthWormJM2