technology warning pda is this true 2018 version?

patriciadiaz1919

There was a video made by linus before as he said using long time and very close that eye only will get tired and not go blind as those where only tv from 1980 but some youtube are saying kinda is real blindness when you get older because blue light effect how accurate study is this true?

the report came from unboxing therapy a technology channel as it one big channel

i am in danger i use for work entertainment and school 9 hours as i do use custom monitor

asus mg279q it all ways level 4dim blue light filter

i dim the screen from 100 to 20 of the brightness

flux dim colors

i use bright full home all ways light on i only may use 1 hour or 2 night time

i have similar flux software twlgiht as it dim it goes red dark color

sources

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2018/08/13/blue-light-phones-tablets-could-accelerate-blindness-study/974837002/

https://utnews.utoledo.edu/index.php/08_08_2018/ut-chemists-discover-how-blue-light-speeds-blindness

Theres no references to the actual study so you can't tell how valid it is. It's probably not that true and macular degeneration isn't anything to be concerned about for this generation. 

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Theres no references to the actual study so you can't tell how valid it is. It's probably not that true and macular degeneration isn't anything to be concerned about for this generation. 

did you also read the source articles from the videos where talking about

This leads to macular degeneration, an incurable eye disease that causes blindness starting in your 50s or 60s, researchers said. 

Oh no, may God save us from PRESBYOPIA.
This shit ain't nothing new and has nothing to do with blue light or you staring at your screen.
At that age, it's perfectly normal for your eyes to weaken. Yet another useless scare mongering "study" as usual.

"Our experiments explain how this happens, and we hope this leads to therapies that slow macular degeneration, such as a new kind of eye drop."

In other words, "lets scare people into thinking they need the eye drops were making in order to help fix the incurable disease of getting old"

Instead of believing a "study" by students, who seems unaware that Presbyopia is a thing that has existed long before computer screens, you know who else might want to have a say in this, is actually knowledgeable about the subject and can do yearly followup with you? Your optometrist.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

18 minutes ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

did you also read the source articles from the videos where talking about

an article is not a reputable source, the study needs to be published and cited.