external hard drive issue

kaisraqami

my 1 terabyte external hard drive suddenly didn't open and when i checked it was RAW so naturally i started looking online and tried everything and it didn't work so i bought a new 2 terabyte hard disk from western digital and got all the information from it but since all the data wasn't corrupted i assumed i can maybe fix it, so i tried everything from formatting to diskpart in cmd and it appeared working and NTFS but i when i transfer data to the drive a msg saying that the destination does not exist and i try to check using chkdsk the msg appear that the file system is raw, and changing to another computer gave that its NTFS and chkdsk worked but i transfer data same problem of destination doesn't exist appear again, my question could the hard drive be saved or i should just give up.

thank you

Have you tried using a different USB cable? Could be faulty. Also the controller that converts the SATA to USB could be the problem or of course the drive itself. 

Current Rig

Thermaltake Tempered Glass Chassis W/ 3 LED Fans
Side Mounted MSI GTX 1070 8GB Armour Edition
Gigabyte Gaming 7 Mobo
KabyLake i7 7700k
Thermaltake AIO Cooler - Dual RGB Fans
Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
EVGA 750w PSU
500GB Samsung EVO M.2
750GB Crucial SSD
1TB WD HDD
Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Techguy1993 said:

Have you tried using a different USB cable? Could be faulty. Also the controller that converts the SATA to USB could be the problem or of course the drive itself. 

yeah i did same issue, i don't wanna open the drive before i am sure its the only way possible to fix it.