Data recovery

ChickenSnitt

So my grandfather accidentally wiped his entire phone somehow. Is there a data recovery app that works likemost data recovery programs on pc that will get his photos back?

Any help is appreciated.

CPU - i7 6700kMotherboard - Asus Maximus Hero VIII,  RAM - G.Skills 2400 16gb (2x8gb),  GPU - Gtx 980 ti Strix,  Storage - Samsung 500gb m.2 ssd, Seagate 3tb NAS sataII,  PSU - Seasonic bronze 650x,  Display(s) - Acer Xb271hu,  Cooling - H100i GTX,  Keyboard - Octane RGB,  Mouse - Logitech G502,  Sound - Logitech G560 Lightsync,  Operating System - Windows 10 Home

What phone and how was it wiped? some phones will securely erase everything making it unrecoverable.

You can look for apps that can do datarecovery, but the more the phone is used the less likely you will be able to recover data.

And the recovery should be written onto a SD card or something, not directly onto the phones memory as it might overwrite data you are trying to recover

2 minutes ago, ChickenSnitt said:

So my grandfather accidentally wiped his entire phone somehow. Is there a data recovery app that works likemost data recovery programs on pc that will get his photos back?

Any help is appreciated.

There isn't alot of luck with ssd data recovery after a trim command. So its like a 50% chance you might not be able to.

1 hour ago, Snipergod87 said:

What phone and how was it wiped? some phones will securely erase everything making it unrecoverable.

You can look for apps that can do datarecovery, but the more the phone is used the less likely you will be able to recover data.

And the recovery should be written onto a SD card or something, not directly onto the phones memory as it might overwrite data you are trying to recover

Samsung A5 but it was on the sd card and the sd card isn't encrypted. Maybe a partition recovery program?

CPU - i7 6700kMotherboard - Asus Maximus Hero VIII,  RAM - G.Skills 2400 16gb (2x8gb),  GPU - Gtx 980 ti Strix,  Storage - Samsung 500gb m.2 ssd, Seagate 3tb NAS sataII,  PSU - Seasonic bronze 650x,  Display(s) - Acer Xb271hu,  Cooling - H100i GTX,  Keyboard - Octane RGB,  Mouse - Logitech G502,  Sound - Logitech G560 Lightsync,  Operating System - Windows 10 Home

2 hours ago, Snipergod87 said:

So he didn't wipe the phone, he deleted photos from the sd card.

9 hours ago, ChickenSnitt said:

So he didn't wipe the phone, he deleted photos from the sd card.

Plug the SD card into a pc/laptop. Google just about any recovery software & try it.      

Side note, this is ironically funny because normally I tell people to always use an SD card just in case something does happen to the phone. 9/10 times the SD card comes out of the incident just fine. 

I guess I can help. Well, not actually me, I got these suggestions from memory card data recovery. There are software tools that actually can restore deleted or corrupted data files which you think is permanently deleted as there's no backup. Some best tools are Recuva, EaseUs, Stellar Phoenix, Disk Drill, Disk Drigger, etc. You need to download the compatible app version based on your OS though. PhotoRec can be installed on android phones and restore them directly. The others I mentioned, work on Windows computers.