Cooling guides?

I've looked, and may have missed it, but is there a cooling guide for laptops?  If so, I apologize for missing it.

Is this a case that most machines are different enough that it is down to each make model?

I've read about undervolting, and thermal paste replacement.

Thermal pads, 11.0 W/mK or 17? Self sticking or not? etc etc.

I've read of people placing thermal pads on various bits i.e. an nvme ssd. Or how about those aluminum radiator thingies on other internal components? Not an option unless you have a deep laptop chassis?

So, colour me confused.  Maybe we can put something together as a bit of a guide?

There are many guides for undervolting online.

Thermal paste replacement is different for each computer as components are different. The principle is the same, take the computer apart. take the heatsink off. clean it with 99.99999999999999% alcohol. repaste it with something better. if LM, then need to take the precaution first. put everything back.

Thermal pad, higher the better. There are different size/thickness. Self sticking will help with staying in place.

Aluminum/copper heatsink needs to be exact size which is difficult. Thermal pad can be compress a bit but Al/Cu cant.