CSGO awful fps

Shouom

Hey folks, after all this panorama bullshit that came to CS couple months back, drastically made my system struggle. Used to get solid 300-400, now the fps is around 220 and sometimes dips below 144 depending on what's on screen, which really pisses me off. Really messes with the focus on game. I have a 144hz monitor, cpu is i5-3550, gpu is gtx 1060 6gb, 8gb's of ram 1600mhz, running off of a 500gb 860 evo ssd. All the ingame settings are to their lowest, multi core rendering enabled playing at 1280x1024. I do have launch options enabled. Tried using scaleform, but the problem still persists. This is not a placebo, when i watch old shadowplay replays i see a clear difference. 

Checked other games, DOOM runs perfectly 120-140 fps at maxed settings. Checked thermals too still fine, benchmarked my pc, all the scores are the way i remember them. 

check your fps_max in the console and put it to 999. Panorama changed it to default for a lot of people.

Hello

Just now, TAHIRMIA said:

check your fps_max in the console and put it to 999. Panorama changed it to default for a lot of people.

I have done that too :(

Just now, Erest said:

I have done that too :(

+mat_queue_mode 2

Try adding that to your launch options.

Hello

1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

+mat_queue_mode 2

Try adding that to your launch options.

Done that too ?

Currently redownloading the game... 

Going to try to see if it makes a difference. 

1 minute ago, Erest said:

Done that too ?

RIP. Those 2 things have fixed it for a lot of people. Check if there are any driver updates

Hello

2 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

RIP. Those 2 things have fixed it for a lot of people. Check if there are any driver updates

Latest 398.82

Dumb question, could a USB sound card be at fault? I use one, because my mobo doesn't output loud enough for my Kraken's

Latest 398.82

Hopefully the reinstall helps. 

Hello

19 minutes ago, Erest said:

Hey folks, after all this panorama bullshit that came to CS couple months back, drastically made my system struggle. Used to get solid 300-400, now the fps is around 220 and sometimes dips below 144 depending on what's on screen, which really pisses me off. Really messes with the focus on game. I have a 144hz monitor, cpu is i5-3550, gpu is gtx 1060 6gb, 8gb's of ram 1600mhz, running off of a 500gb 860 evo ssd. All the ingame settings are to their lowest, multi core rendering enabled playing at 1280x1024. I do have launch options enabled. Tried using scaleform, but the problem still persists. This is not a placebo, when i watch old shadowplay replays i see a clear difference. 

Perhaps play around with some of these launch options? They've worked fairly well for me.

-novid -tickrate 128 -freq 165 +fps_max 200 -high -threads 8 -nod3d9ex

-freq (monitor refresh rate)

+fps_max (whatever you want the max to be)

-threads (however many CPU threads you want the game to use)

Really strange that your FPS is that low. I'm able to play at medium settings (no AA, Texture-Filtering set to Anisotropic 8x) at 1440p with 200-400 fps on a GTX 970.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, Erest said:

Dumb question, could a USB sound card be at fault? I use one, because my mobo doesn't output loud enough for my Kraken's

Don't see of any reason that it would.

Hello

1 minute ago, TheKDub said:

You can disable the Panorama UI and use the old one with launch option

I already tried, also Valve said it's only going to be available for a short while. 

I already tried, also Valve said it's only going to be available for a short while. 

Just saw that. Edited my post with some other stuff.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

On 8/18/2018 at 5:02 PM, Erest said:

Weird how setting AA to x4 helps fps

Some GPUs artificially downclock to save on power when the card is hardly being taxed. CS isn't really hard on the GPU at low, so turning AA on would probably give the card a reason to clock higher if it does that.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.