New Computer Planning

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/PQZG

Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/PQZG/by_merchant/

Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/PQZG/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($184.99 @ Newegg Canada)

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.99 @ NCIX)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($128.99 @ Canada Computers)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.48 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.88 @ Canada Computers)

Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($329.99 @ NCIX)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.00 @ Canada Computers)

Power Supply: NZXT HALE 90 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($122.88 @ Canada Computers)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Full (64-bit) ($104.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor ($172.64 @ DirectCanada)

Total: $1432.83

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-10 22:10 EDT-0400)

These are the parts I am hoping to buy, and was wondering if anyone could help me save some money or anything else I could get to put the performance up a bit, that would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping to buy in the next couple months. I will use it to mostly game, Battlefield, MOHW, LoL, am planning on getting Bioshock and Crysis.

It may be a little difficult to fit a 30mm rad into the top of your R4 (with 25mm fans) so you miiight have a bit low clearance or some overlapping of the motherboard. In theory it should work, but you might be cutting it close.

You can cut that PSU down to about 500W if you want to save some money. 750W will be sufficient for crossfire if you intend to do that later as well.

At that budget you should seriously consider a solid state drive for a boot drive, even a 128GB will suffice.

It may be a little difficult to fit a 30mm rad into the top of your R4 (with 25mm fans) so you miiight have a bit low clearance or some overlapping of the motherboard. In theory it should work, but you might be cutting it close.

You can cut that PSU down to about 500W if you want to save some money. 750W will be sufficient for crossfire if you intend to do that later as well.

At that budget you should seriously consider a solid state drive for a boot drive, even a 128GB will suffice.

The reason I went with this PSU is because it looked so sweet, the white PSU and the white case, just UGH