Acrylic GPU backplate

UberSoldaten

Hey guys, i've bought Asus 1060 Dual 6GB, and i would want to make a custom backplate for it from acrylic. But acrylic can build-up static charge and im afraid of that. I've seen this video, but he doesn't talk about it at all. I don't know if i should make it like him or choose another material.

6 minutes ago, UberSoldaten said:

Hey guys, i've bought Asus 1060 Dual 6GB, and i would want to make a custom backplate for it from acrylic. But acrylic can build-up static charge and im afraid of that. I've seen this video, but he doesn't talk about it at all. I don't know if i should make it like him or choose another material.

Any insulator can build up a minor static charge, it's not a problem really and acrylic is a common choice because its easy to fabricate with and you get lots of color and textures to choose from. 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

Any insulator can build up a minor static charge, it's not a problem really and acrylic is a common choice because its easy to fabricate with and you get lots of color and textures to choose from. 

Thanks a lot man, if i gonna do it succesfully i will post pictures here. Thanks a lot again.

Just buy one from V1Tech

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Just buy one from V1Tech

Well, i want to make it by myself, i wasn't asking if i can buy it.

2 minutes ago, UberSoldaten said:

Well, i want to make it by myself, i wasn't asking if i can buy it.

I dunno, I mean you can if you want

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

6 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I dunno, I mean you can if you want

Yeah, was thinking about it, but i do have acrylic and i just wanted to know if i could use it.

I mean, i was thinking about buying it, i won't lie....

Just now, UberSoldaten said:

Yeah, was thinking about it, but i do have acrylic and i just wanted to know if i could use it.

I mean, i was thinking about buying it, i won't lie....

Depends on how much it costs if it's not much more than the supplies you need to buy to make it and then the time and effort may as well have them do something for you. I know V1Tech and Cold Zero both allow for completely custom designs with multi-layer acrylic plates if you're interested in something complex or different. 

Just now, W-L said:

Depends on how much it costs if it's not much more than the supplies you need to buy to make it and then the time and effort may as well have them do something for you. I know V1Tech and Cold Zero both allow for completely custom designs with multi-layer acrylic plates if you're interested in something complex or different. 

I just want a basic logo, no backlight. I live in Czech Republic so i don't know about shipping...

1 minute ago, UberSoldaten said:

I just want a basic logo, no backlight. I live in Czech Republic so i don't know about shipping...

Just do a mock order for an item to see what the price of shipping is, I know Cold zero is in Europe so it shouldn't be horrible. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

Just do a mock order for an item to see what the price of shipping is, I know Cold zero is in Europe so it shouldn't be horrible. 

Well,i don't want to buy it, but still, thanks. At least i know i can use acrylic.

We have been making custom GPU backplates from acrylic for a few years now and never had anyone have any issues. if it is something you are worried about you could always use thermal pads to raise the backplate off of the GPU PCB.  If you need any help or advice making one shoot us a message and we will be happy to help, or if you decide to buy one we can help with that do, can do any design you like and we ship to Czech Republic.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.