RX 570 problem

TheR4vas

Hello,

I've got a good deal on rx 570 used for 5 months, it was used for mining ofcourse. I asked about the temps and fan speed - 60-62C° ~60-75%. I consider it really not bad. It's a strix version, so even better. My problem is that the seller knows 0 about games and informed me, that the gpu has "mining bios" and he sold one guy this gpu and he tried to install regular drivers (not bios) and he didn't suceed, I wonder, is that because of bios? Can I get the normal bios and is it hard to change the bios? Thanks for the answers!

You can use ATI flash tool to flash the card's bios, but i'd never buy a card that has been mined with. It's not about the temps, it has been used extensively for 5 months at full load 24/7. Pass on that deal, buying a GPU that is going to die fairly quickly isn't really the best idea. 

It has warranty and it's only 90€+shipping so it's a REALLY good deal, atleast here, because they're sold for 150-200€ (used) here.

And if the bios are fckd and I can't fix it, I can just send the card to seller and get my money back.

1 hour ago, TheR4vas said:

It has warranty and it's only 90€+shipping so it's a REALLY good deal, atleast here, because they're sold for 150-200€ (used) here.

1 hour ago, TheR4vas said:

And if the bios are fckd and I can't fix it, I can just send the card to seller and get my money back.

tenor.gif

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |