Having trouble choosing between which ASUS Motherboad

I'm excited. This is gonna be my first time building my own PC and I've more or less decided on the parts I want...except for the motherboard and casing.

Atm this is what I have:

CPU: Intel i7-6700

GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1080

PSU: EVGA GD 650W 80Plus Gold Power Supply

RAM: 16 GB of shitty RAM

Storage:

- Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD

- 1TB of HDD

For the casing I plan to get the Phanteks Eclipse P400S Mid Tower Case but I am missing the last piece of the puzzle: the motherboard.

I'll plan to get an ASUS motherboard, but there are so many options on Lazada (Singapore's equivalent of Amazon) that I can't choose which one to go for. For starters, I need these requirements for the motherboard:

- 1 PCIe 3.0x16 slot (I doubt that I will ever use SLI and I don't want the motherboard too big)

- At least 1 USB-C port

802.11ac Wi-Fi support

- Allows overclockable CPU (I plan to upgrade my CPU down the road)

I checked out most of the ASUS motherboards on Lazada, most of them being so similar I can't even tell the difference. Could anyone recommend me any of the motherboards on there? I am currently on a budget so Amazon is out the question (and I don't really wanna worry about warranty issues). Also, it just so happens it is National Day tomorrow for Singapore so hurray to discounts!

Here is the link to browse the list of motherboards: https://www.lazada.sg/catalog/?q=asus+motherboard&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o42.searchlist.search.go.1b0a1cd6HlU2q8

EDIT: I don't have a real budget cause I don't really know how much a good motherboard typically cost. I guess 400 SGD and below?

9 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

You could go with the z170 deluxe..although upgrading to a i7 6700k wont give you that much of noticeable improvement..that is unless your chip is good then you can overclock that baby...

https://www.asus.com/id/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/

Nah I'm not gonna upgrade my CPU to a i7-6700k, prolly an i7-8700k, but that is far from now.

Oh yeesuz that motherboard is 699 SGD, way over my budget, maybe something lower?

EDIT: Just checked, the Z170 is all out of stock in Lazada, even a $1,691 one...

Update: So I did some more research and realised that if I wanted to upgrade my CPU to an 8th gen processor in the future, I'm gonna need a new motherboard all together.

With that said, should I upgrade my motherboard with an i7-8700k or stick with a 6th gen motherboard with my current CPU?

20 hours ago, trevor_leong said:

Update: So I did some more research and realised that if I wanted to upgrade my CPU to an 8th gen processor in the future, I'm gonna need a new motherboard all together.

With that said, should I upgrade my motherboard with an i7-8700k or stick with a 6th gen motherboard with my current CPU?

Stick with your cpu and buy any B150 Board you can affrod or just fit your needs..they are way cheaper than z170

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

4 hours ago, Ya_Mi said:

Stick with your cpu and buy any B150 Board you can affrod or just fit your needs..they are way cheaper than z170

I see, thanks for the suggestion.

After much consideration regarding budget and further upgradability, I think I'm gonna forego my current cpu for an i7 8700k thus I'm gonna need an 8th gen motherboard with said requirements.

Ironically enough, Amazon prices still beat Lazada's even with shipping included so bomb away with any ASUS motherboard!

20 minutes ago, trevor_leong said:

I see, thanks for the suggestion.

After much consideration regarding budget and further upgradability, I think I'm gonna forego my current cpu for an i7 8700k thus I'm gonna need an 8th gen motherboard with said requirements.

Ironically enough, Amazon prices still beat Lazada's even with shipping included so bomb away with any ASUS motherboard!

Well if your budget allows you then no go for it although 6700 is still a beast that is unless you want more powaaa for your needs.

Lazada sucks most of the times imo

7 hours ago, Ya_Mi said:

Well if your budget allows you then no go for it although 6700 is still a beast that is unless you want more powaaa for your needs.

Lazada sucks most of the times imo

Originally, I actually wanted to go for an i7-6700k, but then if I wanted to overclock it then I'm gonna need a new motherboard. What's more is that I can't upgrade it to an 8th gen in the future. I also went to check the prices of an i7-6700k which turns out to be the same if not more expensive than an i7-8700k.

Then I thought, "maybe an i7-7700k with a Z170 motherboard then" but then checking the price differences it's miniscule enough for me to just go for the highest end. Also not worth the hassle of having to upgrade the motherboard's BIOS to allow Kaby Lake processors.

Also, the main reason why I want to upgrade my current CPU is cause I am trying to push for 1080p 144hz but I am being bottlenecked by my current CPU in a lot of CPU-intensive games I play.

Yea Lazada mostly sucks, but it makes it 'safe' to shop there because of warranty. Gotta say though, their end of year sale is one of their best selling point, cause everything is so much cheaper. Then again, I never did check Amazon during end of year sales, so I might be wrong after all lol.

21 hours ago, trevor_leong said:

Originally, I actually wanted to go for an i7-6700k, but then if I wanted to overclock it then I'm gonna need a new motherboard. What's more is that I can't upgrade it to an 8th gen in the future. I also went to check the prices of an i7-6700k which turns out to be the same if not more expensive than an i7-8700k.

Then I thought, "maybe an i7-7700k with a Z170 motherboard then" but then checking the price differences it's miniscule enough for me to just go for the highest end. Also not worth the hassle of having to upgrade the motherboard's BIOS to allow Kaby Lake processors.

Also, the main reason why I want to upgrade my current CPU is cause I am trying to push for 1080p 144hz but I am being bottlenecked by my current CPU in a lot of CPU-intensive games I play.

WELL thats intel for you lol

12 hours ago, Ya_Mi said:

WELL thats intel for you lol

*sad music plays*

Oh ya that reminds me; since I am going to overclock it, will the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED do fine or should I go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?

6 hours ago, trevor_leong said:

*sad music plays*

Oh ya that reminds me; since I am going to overclock it, will the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED do fine or should I go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?

No 212 is a budget cooler...If you're going to OC that bad boy then get something like be quiet dark rock or noctua d15