CPU Overclock - BSOD! Please Help!

Hi Guys,

So I overclocked my i5 8600k to 5.0ghz @ 1.34V. Its not (yet) delided but temps are ok at max mid 70's deg C during max synthetic benchmarks. in real life gaming it never reach 60 deg C at ave room temp of 27 deg C.

Prime95, passed at 8 hours

Asus Realbench passed at 8 hours

Intel XTU Passe at 8 hours

Long hours of gaming, no crashes or whatsoever, smooth AF

No any throttling recorded by HWinfo/Intel XTU. 

My problem is, when i do restart my PC (either hard reset or just restart from windows icon at lower left), it will boot and go to BSOD, collect freaking info and will proceed. When I shut down and power it up, there is no BSOD. What am I missing? what have I done wrong? Please help me..

My Rig (if it helps)

MOBO: MSI Z370m gaming pro AC

CPU: i5 8600k

GPU: MSI gamingX 1080 8GB

PSU: CM V750 Full Modular

RAM: 2x 8GB ddr4

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2

SSD: WD Green 240GB (OS Win10 installed)

NVME: PM981 512GB (installed games, got samsung nvme controller/driver)

HDD: 1 TB Toshiba 7200 rpm (for keeping Pron)

and some noctua fans on all slots (except the rad)

Thanks in advanced for Your time and advice. 

EDIT: Uploaded the BSOD. Thanks

BSOD.JPG

Whats the BSOD reason? Kinda need that reason before we can honestly help you...

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

15 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Whats the BSOD reason? Kinda need that reason before we can honestly help you...

it says bad system configuration. ill do a screen shot a bit later..

2 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

BSOD.JPG

I hope someone can help me understand what I'm doing wrong, why it passed stress tests for a reasonable amount of time and gives BSOD when restarting the PC. Doing normal shutdown and switching it on got no issue. I'm scared the BSOD might do some damage on my PC. Took me a year to save money to build it :'(

10 minutes ago, Elder_Noob said:

I hope someone can help me understand what I'm doing wrong, why it passed stress tests for a reasonable amount of time and gives BSOD when restarting the PC. Doing normal shutdown and switching it on got no issue. I'm scared the BSOD might do some damage on my PC. Took me a year to save money to build it :'(

Follow this guide. Looks like its an issue with the MBR, or Master Boot Record.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3127605/fix-windows-bad-system-config-info-error.html

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

14 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3127605/fix-windows-bad-system-config-info-error.html

So its not caused by an unstable overclock right? how serious is this bad system config info? can it damage my PC?

14 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I tried the first method on the guide, Hold shift + power + restart to boot to safe mode doesn't work, it brings me to a blue screen showing only an option to shut down.

method 2, i tried to boot with a bootable windows installer, trouble shoot, doesn't solve anything. i tried via the cmd but it doesnt recognize the texts/commands written in the guide. or maybe i'm doing something wrong? i'm not really good at IT stuff.. its far from my line of work..

I'm not yet ready for the windows reinstall (final option in the guide) unless You tell me this BSOD really that serious which can cause my PC to break.

For method 1, you will need to go through the options to get into safe mode. its silly the way Microsoft has it now. Its there, you just gotta go through about 3 or 4 menus.

As far as how bad it is.. if the MBR is faulty, its a problem. Truthfully, I would do a fresh install and get it over with instead of wasting time tinkering and trying to troubleshoot it. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

As far as how bad it is.. if the MBR is faulty, its a problem.

Its not really as bad as other people experienced that they cannot boot because of it, i only experience it when i do restart on my PC. I'm just scared that its like cancer that can create complications which will kill my PC. Maybe i'll do a fresh install over the weekend. i hope it solves the issue.

and thanks by the way, for being patient to reply me even if it became like a one on one consultation. other people seem not interested to reply :D 

58 minutes ago, Elder_Noob said:

Its not really as bad as other people experienced that they cannot boot because of it, i only experience it when i do restart on my PC. I'm just scared that its like cancer that can create complications which will kill my PC. Maybe i'll do a fresh install over the weekend. i hope it solves the issue.

and thanks by the way, for being patient to reply me even if it became like a one on one consultation. other people seem not interested to reply :D 

Its all good. Truthfully, make sure you back up everything you have that you want to keep, IE Photos documents etc.. Its not going to kill your whole machine until it fully corrupts and doesnt boot anymore and making you lose those things for good. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig