Simple and lazy man looking to buy RAM for 2600X build.

Hello,

I'm planning on ditching my ancient i5 4670k for 2600X in near future. the i5 just can't keep up with AAA games and 2600X seems to offer good performance for good price and somewhat future proof due to AM4 socket. Another big deal with 2600X for me is how it does the overclocking for you via XFR. I'm a very lazy person so that is absolutely perfect for me. Plug and play. I totally understand how people enjoy tweaking the clock speeds, ect manually, trying to get that few more % of performance out of their gear, but that's just not me.

The build I have planned:

R5 2600X

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC (Chosen based on this review)

GPU would be my existing GTX 1070.

However, I'm not quite sure about what to do with RAM. I did the terrible mistake of diving into the deep end of Ryzen RAM discussion and the impression I got was that if I wasn't getting 3600Mhz Samsung B-die and overlock that, my RAM would be worthless. Jokes aside, the discussion around RAM and Ryzen can be bit overwhelming. I'm currently looking at these two kits, but not sure what to do:

Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black, DDR4 3000MHz, 1.35V, CL15 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

This kit is in the approved/tested RAM list for the motherboard

and

G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB), Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16 (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB)

Not listed in the motherboard support page, but its 3200Mhz, its the top seller at the biggest PC store in my country (Finland) so it must be decent enough? Also marginally cheaper.

What i'm worried about with the Gskill option is possible instability since its not listed on the MSI site...But Corsair is slower.

The ideal experience for me would be boot the PC for the first time, go to BIOS, check on A-XMP, get the advertised speeds and never look back.

Thanks,

20 minutes ago, Knight Tarkus said:

Hello,

I'm planning on ditching my ancient i5 4670k for 2600X in near future. the i5 just can't keep up with AAA games and 2600X seems to offer good performance for good price and somewhat future proof due to AM4 socket. Another big deal with 2600X for me is how it does the overclocking for you via XFR. I'm a very lazy person so that is absolutely perfect for me. Plug and play. I totally understand how people enjoy tweaking the clock speeds, ect manually, trying to get that few more % of performance out of their gear, but that's just not me.

The build I have planned:

R5 2600X

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC (Chosen based on this review)

GPU would be my existing GTX 1070.

However, I'm not quite sure about what to do with RAM. I did the terrible mistake of diving into the deep end of Ryzen RAM discussion and the impression I got was that if I wasn't getting 3600Mhz Samsung B-die and overlock that, my RAM would be worthless. Jokes aside, the discussion around RAM and Ryzen can be bit overwhelming. I'm currently looking at these two kits, but not sure what to do:

Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black, DDR4 3000MHz, 1.35V, CL15 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

This kit is in the approved/tested RAM list for the motherboard

and

G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB), Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16 (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB)

Not listed in the motherboard support page, but its 3200Mhz, its the top seller at the biggest PC store in my country (Finland) so it must be decent enough? Also marginally cheaper.

What i'm worried about with the Gskill option is possible instability since its not listed on the MSI site...But Corsair is slower.

The ideal experience for me would be boot the PC for the first time, go to BIOS, check on A-XMP, get the advertised speeds and never look back.

Thanks,

If youre using pcpartpicker you should be able to find ram very cheap. I was able to get 2x8GB of DDR4-3000 for $130