No post or beep. Bios works. WIN7 doesn't.

I went and replaced my MoBo, RAM, and CPU, because my Ethernet io port stopped working I believe from a storm and I was looking to upgrade soon anyways. I went from a i5 3570k, 8gb ddr3 ram, and msi b75ma-p45 to i5 8600k, gigabyte b360 ds3h, 16gb ddr4 ram, but the cpu and mobo were replaced as an attempt to fix the issue with an Asus b360 pro4 and i7 8700k. I have 2 hardrives and an ssd. ( all three about half a tb each) the ssd is my main drive with Windows 7 64 bit and one of my other drives that I keep out of the pc is a back up with the same OS. The third drive is just a slave drive. I also have an evga 1060 6gb sc, optical drive, 2 case fans, a hyper evo 212, 550 watt pay non-mod and the case is an nzxt source 210 black. 

I'll describe what happens: I got the new i5 and all that, put it together without a hitch, and on boot, there was no post or beep. I could still go into the bios and everything was fine there. I could use my keyboard and mouse with no issues and everything was registering on the bios, but when I launched into windows, I could not interact with my keyboard and mouse at all. I plugged then into separate ports, restarted several times, tried ps2, re-assemled the pc multiple times, reseated the ram, ran windows RAM diagnostic tool (don't know how I came across it, but it popped up and it came back with no issues), removed the gfx card, used my back up drive, booted off the optical drive (which the pc freezes on the "starting windows" screen when I do that) I internet flashed the bios, I preplaced the PSU with 520 watt modular, MOBO, CPU, and optical drive, swapped sata cables many times, tripled checked for loose screws or bent anything pins, quadruple checked the switches. 

My guess is that there is a compatability issue with 8th gen processors and win7. 

Some things to take note of along with the no post and no beep. On boot, the first thing it does is rev up can speeds to max and then it ramps down until it shows you the hotkeys for bios/boot options. The power button light is constantly on where it wasn't previously, and the reset switch starts turning on a lot when I get into windows and can't do anything. The lights and presets for the LEDs on my periferals are on and correct, though they're saved on the keyboard and mouse's memory, but the still don't function, as if they are plugged into a different pc. 

In the image, I do only have my back up drive and optical drive hooked up.

Any help is greatly appreciated, 

Malcolm

1533484291656-576215322.jpg

1533484331899-903697983.jpg

1533484457088891708571.jpg

If you could get into the BIOS in the first place your computer successfully went past POST.

Chances are that in this case, Windows is looking for drivers that it doesn't have on hand. Also, Coffee Lake and Windows 7 don't mix well, to say the least.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, LukzForEver said:

Can you check if the boot drive is the right one? 

I booted off both drives on many separate occasions. Neither worked. They stalled in the same way. 

23 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

If you could get into the BIOS in the first place your computer successfully went past POST.

Chances are that in this case, Windows is looking for drivers that it doesn't have on hand. Also, Coffee Lake and Windows 7 don't mix well, to say the least.

Alright, thanks for the clarification on POST, but there is still no beep. I'll look into trying to update windows 7 to 10 on a separate pc. I think there still is an option to. I did it early last year but reverted back a year later. If not, I'll get a new copy of windows. 

1 minute ago, boeboe5115 said:

Alright, thanks for the clarification on POST, but there is still no beep. I'll look into trying to update windows 7 to 10 on a separate pc. I think there still is an option to. I did it early last year but reverted back a year later. If not, I'll get a new copy of windows. 

Did the board come with a little beeper that you'd plug in?

2 minutes ago, boeboe5115 said:

If you upgraded to Windows 10 in the past (using the free upgrade etc), it should be included as a digital license on your Microsoft account now. You should be able to clean install Windows 10, and then activate it using your Windows 7 key. If you have any issues, you can run the Activation Troubleshooter and select "I've changed my computer hardware", which will allow you to migrate your license.

56 minutes ago, Tabs said:

If you upgraded to Windows 10 in the past (using the free upgrade etc), it should be included as a digital license on your Microsoft account now. You should be able to clean install Windows 10, and then activate it using your Windows 7 key. If you have any issues, you can run the Activation Troubleshooter and select "I've changed my computer hardware", which will allow you to migrate your license.

Yes thank you for the help. I'm creating a win10 flash drive installer now. I'll update you when something happens.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Did the board come with a little beeper that you'd plug in?

The motherboard didn't come with a beeper I had to plug in. I thought it was already attached to it. My first board beeped without a beeper install. Does the Asus b360 pro4 come with an on board beeper?

2 hours ago, boeboe5115 said:

The motherboard didn't come with a beeper I had to plug in. I thought it was already attached to it. My first board beeped without a beeper install. Does the Asus b360 pro4 come with an on board beeper?

My guess would be no if it didn't beep.

That's not a defect if it doesn't come with a beeper, so it's nothing to worry about.