Fan Noise + Temp Problems

Dean.kim23

Hello. So I've had this laptop for a little over a year now (HP Omen 15 - ax033dx) and ever since I've bought this thing, the temps and the fan noise were out of control. For starts, the fan noise when the laptop was idle, was very audible and even in a classroom with the teacher giving a lecture, the noise is just too much for the people around the laptop. Number wise, the idle temp of the CPU for this laptop was between 38-46 degrees which isn't that bad. However, when playing games like Overwatch or Warframe, the temperatures would skyrocket to almost 84 degrees after around 1 to 2 hours of playing. 

The Laptop Specs:                                                                                                                    

Intel Core I7- 6700HQ @ 2.6 GHZ

4 Cores

8GB Ram

BIOS Version F.26

Intel Graphics 530 1GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960M 4 GB RAM

Windows 10 Version 1803

1TB HD

No SSD

From looking at these specs, nothing impressive. Gtx 960M is a decent graphics card that should be able to handle most "casual games" like OW and Warframe for at least a good while of playing. I don't play any high-end games like Far Cry or GTA5. Should my temps really be going up to 84 degrees?? But back to the more concerning problem I have. The fans. Yes, I get that high temps will lead to loud fan noise but does idle temps like 40 degrees result in high fan noise? It just doesn't add up. The moment I turn on my laptop the fans go crazy loud as if under 100% load. Please help...