SYSWIN.EXE

RegganKeggan

Might seems rediculous to post this but please someone help me I'm facing this issue all my programs .exe are read 0bytes and what I found is some Program called syswin.exe please someone help how to fix, to remove it and how I can get my files back

Syswin is malware, it seems to be a Trojan and Virus all wrapped up into one neat package.

If you really want to remove it start with MalwareBytes however I'd strongly recommend to format and reinstall Windows, that's the only way to recover your lost exe files.

If you've lost personal files the chances of recovering them is pretty much zero, destructive variants of the virus don't create backups before destroying data.

Sorry, I know it's not the answer you probably want.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

https://howtoremove.guide/syswin-exe-virus/

I found it in few seconds.

And yes, you can fight with viruses by formatting drive and installing Windows every time, but is it really a solution?

I want to ask you guys - do you really do nothing interesting on your computers? Have just one program, two games and Windows with standard settings? People who works on their computers have lot of programs, tools, plugins that needs to be activated, configuration files, settings etc. Sometimes if you want everything back it takes days or weeks (I still mount sometimes my old win7 backup to find missing config for rarely used program or other stuff that I used before and forgot to copy to win10)! Why someone may even consider reinstalling windows as a method with fighting viruses?

There is huge difference between "I know" and "I think" or "I heard". It will be nice to know, based on your experience, why do you "strongly recommend" to format and reinstall Windows as a solution for this specific virus. Do you know how this virus works and have knowledge that it's impossible to remove it without killing everything else?

21 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

https://howtoremove.guide/syswin-exe-virus/

I found it in few seconds.

And yes, you can fight with viruses by formatting drive and installing Windows every time, but is it really a solution?

I want to ask you guys - do you really do nothing interesting on your computers? Have just one program, two games and Windows with standard settings? People who works on their computers have lot of programs, tools, plugins that needs to be activated, configuration files, settings etc. Sometimes if you want everything back it takes days or weeks (I still mount sometimes my old win7 backup to find missing config for rarely used program or other stuff that I used before and forgot to copy to win10)! Why someone may even consider reinstalling windows as a method with fighting viruses?

There is huge difference between "I know" and "I think" or "I heard". It will be nice to know, based on your experience, why do you "strongly recommend" to format and reinstall Windows as a solution for this specific virus. Do you know how this virus works and have knowledge that it's impossible to remove it without killing everything else?

I strongly recommend you reinstall Windows for any virus, that's just me, I'm a paranoid person and you can never know you removed everything.

If only there was some way of creating a backup of a known good state where you have everything you need and want installed so in situations like this you can reinstall in a few minutes and be back to a perfect working machine. Wouldn't that just be the dream?

Also I tend to not get viruses enough for that to be a problem. Commonsense.exe is a much better guard against anything you can find on the internet than any software.

Lastly syswin is a destructive virus meaning it's already destroyed his Windows install. How exactly do you propose he recovers without reinstalling?

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

If only there was some way of creating a backup of a known good state where you have everything you need and want installed so in situations like this you can reinstall in a few minutes and be back to a perfect working machine. Wouldn't that just be the dream?

Really? You don't know how to do it?

I made that backups for years using Macrium Reflect (and second os for be sure that making backup/image will not be interfere with working system).

But mostly I don't need it, I made it just in case (I used it few times, but mostly when I change HDD/SSD and just once for revert some changes).

IMO if you strongly recommend to reinstall system in case of any virus, then probably is better if you don't give advices for users who want solutions to their problems. They may not know that you're paranoid so they may think that reinstalling windows is method to fighting viruses. :) If I ask someone how to remove virus, I expect guide how to remove virus.

20 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

IMO if you strongly recommend to reinstall system in case of any virus, then probably is better if you don't give advices for users who want solutions to their problems. They may not know that you're paranoid so they may think that reinstalling windows is method to fighting viruses. :) If I ask someone how to remove virus, I expect guide how to remove virus.

He didn't only ask how to remove the virus though, he also asked how to recover his 0 byte exe files...

What's funny is you've not given him any advice, you've attacked my advice without offering any solution of your own despite me twice now asking how he is supposed to recover his missing executables without reinstalling?

The solution you posted is useless to OP, even if he removes the virus (which btw he won't be able to fully) he still has no exe files left on his system.

And you say I shouldn't give advice?

20 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Really? You don't know how to do it?

I made that backups for years using Macrium Reflect (and second os for be sure that making backup/image will not be interfere with working system).

But mostly I don't need it, I made it just in case (I used it few times, but mostly when I change HDD/SSD and just once for revert some changes).

L85IbAt.png

10 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

What's funny is you've not given him any advice (,,,)

It's not true (I found solution on internet, detailed one), but nevermind. He is probably write this post and forgot about it and meanwhile we spend a lot more time to arguing.

The truth is that I did not recognize the joke.