What cables do I need

uReqt

I'v just finished with my build all im looking for is the cable's in which connect everything. I want red/black themed but I was unsure how many cables the whole PC needs. I would like if someone could tell me what cables I will need to buy from cablemod and how many of each different kind I need. Once again this is for a completed build I need every cable. Thanks :) 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (£312.95 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£99.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£183.07 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£188.40 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£54.89 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£52.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card  (£609.92 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£79.52 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£101.16 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1682.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-31 07:48 BST+0100

Current PC

CPU: I5-7400

GPU: Gigabyte 1050Ti

RAM: Crucial DDR4 8GB 2133mhz

CASE: GameMax Falcon

MOBO: Prime B250M-A

Peripherals                                                                

Mouse: Corsair Sabre

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe

Mic/headphone: Blue Yeti /w JVC HA-SR50X

Mouse Mat: Razer Goliathus

All the cables you will need should come with the Power Supply and the Motherboard. You shouldnt need any additional cables beyond what everything will come with. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

All the cables you will need should come with the Power Supply and the Motherboard. You shouldnt need any additional cables beyond what everything will come with. 

Always good to have a displayport / hdmi cable. I sadly had quite a few cases where people only had the power cable or still an old dvi or vga cable. I feel like donating everyone a dp 1.4 cable

2 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

Always good to have a displayport / hdmi cable. I sadly had quite a few cases where people only had the power cable or still an old dvi or vga cable. I feel like donating everyone a dp 1.4 cable

hes not buying a monitor so would assume hes using what he has in place already and already has the proper display cables necessary. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just so you're aware, the 1080 Ti you've chosen doesn't actually cost £610. PCPP is a bit broken, you'll have to pay £720 for it. 

The PSU is also way overkill, 550W is plenty for overclocking. The Whisper M or Straight Power 11 are also good options. 

And the Z370H is the ultra low end Z370P, just disguised and priced like a high end motherboard. 

If you want to get custom sleeved cables, you need the 24-pin ATX, 2x 8-pin PCIe cables (do not get a single 8+8 pin cable, get two single 8 pin cables), a SATA power cable and a CPU 8-pin cable. 

:)

@Skiiwee29 I men't cable mods so it goes with the colour theme. I was wondering like what the cable names were that connect everything like to motherboard gpu psu fans. so I can buy them from cablemods or something

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

@seon123 Which Motherboard would you replace it with within the same price range (Im down for a cheaper/better if there is one)

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

1 minute ago, uReqt said:

@Skiiwee29 I men't cable mods so it goes with the colour theme. I was wondering like what the cable names were that connect everything like to motherboard gpu psu fans. so I can buy them from cablemods or something

For those you need 24 pin, 8 pin EPS for the CPU, and the PCIe ones for your GPU, which likely will be either 8+6 or 8+8. Sleeved extensions are all you should need. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

3 minutes ago, uReqt said:

@seon123 Which Motherboard would you replace it with within the same price range (Im down for a cheaper/better if there is one)

The Z370 Extreme4 is a nice board. Ignore the blue hue from the chipset heatsink, that's just some lighting. The board itself is black/gray. 

For Asus boards, there's the Prime-A and Z370F. 

:)

@seon123 I'm looking for a red/black mobo to match the GPU. Also I will not be mass OC just if the performance gets shit after the years of use.

Current PC

Peripherals