New gaming pc

Seraphinx

Hi so I have picked all the parts I need and I wanted to double check here if the build will work and for any suggestions you guys have.

Also will it come with building instructions?

I dont plan on overclocking but if I do what would I need then?

I also plan on using windows 10

ty :)

Case:Thermaltake View 71 RGB 4-Sided Tempered Glass Vertical GPU Modular E-ATX Gaming Full Tower Computer Case with 3 RGB LED Riing Fan Pre-installed CA-1I7-00F1WN-01

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.7GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING, 11GB GDDR5X, iCX Cooler & LED, Optimized Airflow Design, Interlaced Pin Fin Graphics Card 11G-P4-6393-KR

mobo: ASUS ROG LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z370 ATX Motherboard with onboard Gigabit LAN and USB 3.1 (Maximus X Hero)

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) (PC4 25600) F4-3200C16D-16GTZR

Hard drive: Seagate 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive) - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Hard Drive

power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 80+ PLATINUM, 1200W ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready 10 Year Warranty Power Supply 220-P2-1200-X1

Hi

The psu is way more than you need. A 650w is enough.

Also swap out the sshd for a HDD and SSD instead.

I would go with one of the 3 fan icx EVGA cards instead 

What cooler are you planning on ?

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Hi

I think 850 watt power supply would be better if he plans to overclock it.

6 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Hi

does this GPU look good? https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-GDDR5X-Technology/dp/B06Y15DWXR

what would i use the SSD for?

i need a cooler?

7 minutes ago, _SAITAMA_ said:

I think 850 watt power supply would be better if he plans to overclock it.

A 650W is more than fine.

5 minutes ago, Seraphinx said:

does this GPU look good? https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-GDDR5X-Technology/dp/B06Y15DWXR

what would i use the SSD for?

i need a cooler?

Yes that one would be better.

An SSD would be for the operating system and games as things load up faster from an SSD. 

Yes as you don't get a stock cooler with the cpu. If you intend to overclock towards 5GHz at some stage then you need something substantial. Either a high end air cooler or a 280mm or so liquid cooler.

11 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Yes that one would be better.

An SSD would be for the operating system and games as things load up faster from an SSD. 

Yes as you don't get a stock cooler with the cpu. If you intend to overclock towards 5GHz at some stage then you need something substantial. Either a high end air cooler or a 280mm or so liquid cooler.

is this SSD good: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-NAND-500GB-SSD-WDS500G2B0A/dp/B073SBQMCX?SubscriptionId=AKIAJIYNF643F4NAP3YA&tag=i0914a-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B073SBZ8YH&ascsubtag=06-3235200-0-3673444&th=1

if i dont overclock do you still need to get a cooler?

5 minutes ago, Seraphinx said:

The SSD should be fine. The Samsung 860 EVO or Crucial MX500 are also good depending on the price compared to that WD one.

Yes you would still need a cooler as the cpu doesn't come with one.

The SSD should be more than suitable. Western Digital also offers some free utilities for drive cloning etc when you acquire their drives which is wonderful.

For a cooler if you feel comfortable installing an AIO you could go with this 360MM Radiator system which is a high performer with a reasonable price. It's not the quitest 360MM AIO but it cools well. If you want quiter NZXT's Kraken series is admirably quiet and is absolutely top notch among non custom solutions. Costs: ~$117.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/NMtWGX/fractal-design-celsius-s36-876-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-fd-wcu-celsius-s36-bk

For an air cooler you could try goign with the Scythe Mugen Max: Scythe Mugen MAX

Cools as well as a 2 fan Noctua D15 according to benches I have found. Costs $43.00

Edited by Sernefarian
typos!

Rawr.

7 minutes ago, Sernefarian said:

The SSD should be more than suitable. Western Digital also offers some free utilities for drive cloning etc when you acquire their drives which is wonderful.

For a cooler if you feel comfortable installing an AIO you could go with this 360MM Radiator system which is a high performer with a reasonable price. It's not the quitest 360MM AIO but it cools well. If you want quiter NZXT's Kraken series is admirably quiet and is absolutely top notch among non custom solutions. Costs: ~$117.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/NMtWGX/fractal-design-celsius-s36-876-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-fd-wcu-celsius-s36-bk

For an air cooler you could try goign with the Scythe Mugen Max: Scythe Mugen MAX

Cools as well as a 2 fan Noctua D15 according to benches I have found. Costs $43.00

ty.

would this cooler work? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07537Q8LV/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07537Q8LV&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=a54d13fc-b8a1-4ce8-b285-d77489a09cf6&pf_rd_r=SNVDNR53NV2PJ63GAPCC&pd_rd_wg=VJo00&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=NRvkK&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=a0b7ca5e-943f-11e8-9259-4bb674a35291

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Yes but you would need a case that can fit a 360mm radiator.

the amazon page im buying it from says

Radiator Support:

Front: 1 x 360mm / 1 x 420mm

Top: 1 x 360mm / 1 x 420mm

Rear: 1 x 120mm / 1 x 140mm

Bottom: 1 x 240mm

so thatll be enough right?

3 minutes ago, Seraphinx said:

the amazon page im buying it from says

Radiator Support:

Front: 1 x 360mm / 1 x 420mm

Top: 1 x 360mm / 1 x 420mm