DNS-321 Access Issues

OK I got a weird one or maybe not but can't figure it out. 

I have a D-Link 321 NAS storage drive. It was working great and been sitting around for a while now and today I decided to re-use it.

- When I connected it directly to my router (via Ethernet), I was not able to see the device on the network!

- I unplugged and directly connect it to my computer 2 things happened:

1- Can't access via IP 192.168.0.32 --> Used to be the way to connect 

2- I installed the easy connect app on d-link's website and was able to see the device with the correct IP however, the "Configure" button is grayed out as well as the Mapping of the drives. 

When I try pining the IP I am getting time outs.... I would really appreciate the help from network grus...

Hello tescatlipoca, 

Sounds like your NAS cannot fully connect, this is very usual and more than what you could believe. Do a factory reset in the NAS server, I have done up to three times until I can finally access devices on the network through my computer...

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

34 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

Hello tescatlipoca, 

Sounds like your NAS cannot fully connect, this is very usual and more than what you could believe. Do a factory reset in the NAS server, I have done up to three times until I can finally access devices on the network through my computer...

I tried that and no luck, I just connected my nas to my old Cisco router without internet and connected to that wlan via my PC and no issues at all. I can access and map drives. Something is blocking the connection with the other way but cant figure it out...