VR headset

noah179
Go to solution Solved by Sakkura,
1 hour ago, noah179 said:

i live int eh middle of nowhere so there are no local stores to buy a vive, and the only place i can find a vive is on ebay for the same price as teh vive plus. Why are they out of stock? And what are teh differences between the vive and rift. Also i currently have $470 so is it worth it to save up to get teh vive plus or overprices regular, or bite the bullet and get a rift

They say they ran into a component shortage for manufacturing the regular Vive. It should only be temporary, but dunno how long that really means.

The Vive and Rift are functionally pretty similar, but there are some tradeoffs and differences. The Vive has less cabling setup for roomscale, and a front-facing camera on the headset. The Rift has integrated audio by default ($100 upgrade on Vive), better controllers, and better performance with ASW.

The displays are pretty similar, the Vive has a little more FOV while the Rift has a little more angular resolution. They both have godrays, but they're different; the Rift's can be very strong in high-contrast scenes (like loading screens with white text on black background), while the Vive's are less prominent but visible in a wider variety of scenes. The Rift also has a larger sweetspot where the image looks crisp.

Hellow everyone i am trying to get into vr, and i was wondering should i get teh oculus rift, or the htc vive or vive pro because the regular vive seems to be out of stock everywhere. I am looking for a very good vr experience with games such as beat saber, minecraft, and war thunder being some of the main games i will be playing.

Minecraft has VR?

i would get the vive or vive pro as vive=steam=gaben=god

37 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Minecraft has VR?

Yes.

The Vive Pro is overpriced and the regular Vive is out of stock. The Oculus Rift is a better deal than the Vive anyway.

In my opinion, the Vive Pro is a waste as it only adds another camera and a more ridged head-mount, it is at a significantly higher price as well. I would recommend getting the normal vive along with an extra camera. Try Amazon or a local store.

8 hours ago, BladeEngage said:

In my opinion, the Vive Pro is a waste as it only adds another camera and a more ridged head-mount, it is at a significantly higher price as well. I would recommend getting the normal vive along with an extra camera. Try Amazon or a local store.

You can't add extra cameras to the Vive.

4 hours ago, Sakkura said:

You can't add extra cameras to the Vive.

You can use 3 cameras for better tracking.

4 minutes ago, BladeEngage said:

You can use 3 cameras for better tracking.

The Vive does not use cameras for tracking.

Okay sorry, you can get a 3rd base station. They are basically the same so I didn't think I would have to distinguish between the two.

42 minutes ago, BladeEngage said:

Okay sorry, you can get a 3rd base station. They are basically the same so I didn't think I would have to distinguish between the two.

You can't add a 3rd base station.

2 minutes ago, BladeEngage said:

I have added a third and it worked perfectly.

You don't have a Vive then.

1 minute ago, BladeEngage said:

I'm sure that I do and I know that I worked perfectly.

https://community.viveport.com/t5/Developer-Support/Does-the-Vive-Pro-with-Lighthouse-2-0-Support-4-lighthouses/td-p/18612

As of this post, only two basestations are supported currently. When they launch the required update, we'll alert everyone.

17 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Yes.

The Vive Pro is overpriced and the regular Vive is out of stock. The Oculus Rift is a better deal than the Vive anyway.

17 hours ago, BladeEngage said:

i live int eh middle of nowhere so there are no local stores to buy a vive, and the only place i can find a vive is on ebay for the same price as teh vive plus. Why are they out of stock? And what are teh differences between the vive and rift. Also i currently have $470 so is it worth it to save up to get teh vive plus or overprices regular, or bite the bullet and get a rift

Just get the vive, not the vive pro. The pro isn't worth the money.

1 hour ago, noah179 said:

They say they ran into a component shortage for manufacturing the regular Vive. It should only be temporary, but dunno how long that really means.

The Vive and Rift are functionally pretty similar, but there are some tradeoffs and differences. The Vive has less cabling setup for roomscale, and a front-facing camera on the headset. The Rift has integrated audio by default ($100 upgrade on Vive), better controllers, and better performance with ASW.

The displays are pretty similar, the Vive has a little more FOV while the Rift has a little more angular resolution. They both have godrays, but they're different; the Rift's can be very strong in high-contrast scenes (like loading screens with white text on black background), while the Vive's are less prominent but visible in a wider variety of scenes. The Rift also has a larger sweetspot where the image looks crisp.