Is this a decent line up?

CPU- Ryzen 3 2200g
Motherboard- MSI A320PROVH
Memory- HyperX Savage DDR4 2666 8Gb dual channel
PSU- Corsair S12II
HDD- WD 1TB
Case- Aerocool 800
OS- windows 10

For APU with 8 Gigs RAM you'll want to assign 2GB to the APU to maximize performance leaving you 6GB for errything else meaning that some games might... behave poorly. Suggest if it is in budget to go with 3000 or 3200MHZ RAm with nice tight timings(think  15-17-17-35 3000 or 16-16-16-36/8 or 16-18-18-36/38 3200). APU will love the higher RAM clock and be perkier all around.

Rawr.

Just now, Sernefarian said:

For APU with 8 Gigs RAM you'll want to assign 2GB to the APU to maximize performance leaving you 6GB for errything else meaning that some games might... behave poorly. Suggest if it is in budget to go with 3000 or 3200MHZ RAm with nice tight timings(think  15-17-17-35 3000 or 16-16-16-36/8 or 16-18-18-36/38 3200). APU will love the higher RAM clock and be perkier all around.

I too would prefer a 3000mhz ram but let's just say that they have the potential to be more expensive than the cpu here in the Philippines.

2 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

I too would prefer a 3000mhz ram but let's just say that they have the potential to be more expensive than the cpu here in the Philippines.

Ouch!

Rawr.

Just now, Sernefarian said:

14 minutes ago, Vincent Coucke said:

you dont have an ssd wich i recommend and if you want to game on the apu, you will need more than 8 gb of ram

I could raise the ram to 16GB but it would have to limit the speed to 2400mhz

4 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

I could raise the ram to 16GB but it would have to limit the speed to 2400mhz

You could also get away with a stick of 4 and a stick of 8

6 minutes ago, Vincent Coucke said:

You could also get away with a stick of 4 and a stick of 8

Likely won't run dual channel on the motherboard then which will severely hamper performance. IIRC AMD boards don't have something similar to Intel's Flex Mode or whatever it was, but I might be incorrect there. So this is another thing to read on.

Rawr.

3 minutes ago, Sernefarian said:

Likely won't run dual channel on the motherboard then which will severely hamper performance. IIRC AMD boards don't have something similar to Intel's Flex Mode or whatever it was, but I might be incorrect there. So this is another thing to read on.

I'm running an 8 and 16 GB stick on ryzen 1800x and I've never had trouble

5 minutes ago, Vincent Coucke said:

I'm running an 8 and 16 GB stick on ryzen 1800x and I've never had trouble

Didn't say that it wouldn't work. Saids that you're likely not getting full performance. Have you checked to ensure they are running dual channel and which combination of clock + latency from the kits they are using? General is lower of the clocks and higher of the timings also suspecting they are not running as dual channel.

Rawr.

3 minutes ago, Sernefarian said:

Didn't say that it wouldn't work. Saids that you're likely not getting full performance. Have you checked to ensure they are running dual channel and which combination of clock + latency from the kits they are using? General is lower of the clocks and higher of the timings also suspecting they are not running as dual channel.

You're right I just saw that iam not running dual channel

I switched to a Avexir core series DDR4 2400 16Gb dual channel with a CL 0f 16-16 16-36.