Upgrading to 8600k

I'm currently upgrading to an 8600k from a 4690k. What should I do on my OS weith driver wise. Can I just swap the mobo, cpu, and ram and boot back up into windows or are there certain things I have to do?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

what os are you running? With windows 10 you can normally just change hardware and it will update the needed drivers.

Yes, I am using Windows 10

Didn't have any problems just swapping myself, although its highly recommended to do a fresh install.

There is one snag however, you will most likely have to get Microsoft to reactivate Windows regardless of which method you use.   They ended up having to issue me with a brand new registration code as I had run out of activations.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

33 minutes ago, Unknown_Gamer said:

I'm currently upgrading to an 8600k from a 4690k. What should I do on my OS weith driver wise. Can I just swap the mobo, cpu, and ram and boot back up into windows or are there certain things I have to do?

Thanks

yeah that sounds good. make sure your cooler has lga 1151 support. have you considered upgrading to a 4790k instead?

10 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

yeah that sounds good. make sure your cooler has lga 1151 support. have you considered upgrading to a 4790k instead?

O I've already bought a Z370 TUF, and DDR4 ram, its too late! My 8600k is arriving on the 23rd. I was told to go with 8th gen if I wanted to upgrade so that way I can get 6 cores and future proof longer