Cinebench blackscreening during test(somewhat solved?)

Liquidsnakemeat

Noob here. Just wanted to get some opinions on this and maybe a course of action to take to resolve it. 

System specs

i5-8600k stock (hyper212x 2xfans) 

asus strix Z370e 

evga 1070ti ftw2

evga 650 g3 psu 

So this is a new build as well as my first. I have had the system running for a month or so and been gaming on it with good results. I decided I wanted to run a cpu and gpu test on it and monitor temps in preparation for a mild overclock since I was running air cooled(cpu) (hyper212x with 2 fans). 

I downloaded HWmonitor as well as cinebench. Ran the cpu test and mid ways through the screen freezes then goes black. It will come back to life on its own with no messages and the test is usually over by then. I tried it a few more times and noticed a pattern. When the display freezes, the rgb on my 1070ti (which is set to rainbow through EVGA Precision XOC with LED sync) would stop changing colors. 

Temps were fine and everything else as far as I could tell was fine. So I downloaded DDU and completely reinstalled new diplsay drivers. Didn’t help. I then updated my BIOS to the latest version. Didn’t help. Still black screen half way through and comes back on. 

Then I decided to turn off the LED Sync feature in precision XOC and leave it at the stock single color mode. Cinebench then proceeds to run fine. I ran it multiple times and it worked flawlessly. 

So, all that being said, any ideas? I’m thinking I should contact EVGA about it because I’m thinking that the precision XOC software may be the problem. But I’m a total noob and know nothing when it comes to this.