Working pc won't post anymore (95%of the time)

KyoSohma

So, my computer has been working fine for months however recently it's started to not post. The computer powers on, leds light up, fans spin, but no image on the monitor. If I keep turning off the power supply and turning it back on, it eventually posts and boots to windows. Then if I reset my computer, the issue comes back.

I7-7700k

Asus strix 1080ti

Asus tuf mark 1 z270

Evga supernova 650 g2

Kraken x62

Windows 10 64

8x2 ddr4 3200 trident z

I've tried booting with one ram stick, CPU and drive, but it didn't change anything. 

I would appreciate any help, thank you.

Could be a bad drive perhaps? Can you reliably get into the BIOS/UEFI? If you can, I would start suspecting the drive.

10 minutes ago, Ahajha said:

Could be a bad drive perhaps? Can you reliably get into the BIOS/UEFI? If you can, I would start suspecting the drive.

To follow up, if it's a bad drive, I'd suggest booting into Ubuntu with a USB bootable. Just grab a USB of at least 8GB, download the Ubuntu iso for free online and download a tool called RUFUS. Then just plug in the USB, run RUFUS, select Ubuntu, wait and then reboot into Ubuntu, from their you can check the health of your drives. :)

I don't think it's a bad drive, because my os is on an ssd that's only a year and a half old. I also tried unplugging all drives except my ssd, but it didn't change anything

I can't get into the bios because it doesn't even get to that screen.

7 minutes ago, KyoSohma said:

I can't get into the bios because it doesn't even get to that screen.

That almost sounds like a PSU issue then...does it keep running or will it shut off after a few seconds?

It stays running. After I kept turning it in and off it'll eventually come back. (Have to do that for about 30 minutes though) and then it's fine until I have to restart it and this issue comes back.

Have you made sure that all power cables are seated properly? Also, perhaps try booting from the iGPU, and pulling out the 1080 Ti, and see if that does anything different.

You could try a USB bootable to boot into Ubuntu or another Linux OS, just to see if it's an issue with Windows even.