ps3

AhmadBilal

I have problem my Ps3 (fat) 4 port USB is shutting down with certain games like uncharted 2,3,call of duty black ops 2,tekken tag 2 etc and I know it is not a over heat problem I searched the whole internet but can't find a solution than

How are you sure that it isn't an overheating issue?

There are really only three possibilities to consoles shutting down when playing graphically/computationally intensive games; either

A. ) A component is overheating

B. ) A power supply issue

C. ) Other faulty component

If it's overheating, you can try using a vacuum cleaner on LOW settings (Important! Don't overspin the fans!) to clear the dust out of the vents. If that doesn't help, you'll have to open it up to really clean the insides & possibly apply some fresh thermal paste to the CPU & GPU.

If it's a power supply issue, you'll have to open it up and replace the internal power supply.

Hopefully I've understood the issue correctly, I'm assuming that you mean the console itself is shutting down under load.

If what you meant was that the console would continue running, but only the USB ports would stop working, use a vacuum cleaner on low settings to clean out the USB ports, if that doesn't work it's possible that whatever device you're using on those ports is drawing too much current, you'll have to open the console & replace the USB fuse.

Desktop: HP Z220 Workstation, 12 GB RAM, 2x500 GB HDD RAID0, + GTX 1060 3GB

Laptop: ThinkPad T430, 8 GB RAM, 1x120 GB SSD