Merging 2 microphone streams

Go to solution Solved by BeefyMeats,

Virtual audio cable is free (for one virtual cable), if you donate $5 you get two more virtual cables.

Anyways, sounds like you want Voice Meeter. you can have two mic inputs into one output.

Unreleated; check out VST Host; its free any you can use free vsts like gates, reverb, gain, eq, compressor. good stuff

Is there software where I can merge 2 microphones into 1? Thanks

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

You can try audacity, but it's all post-recording

and time consuming. If you would tell me your purpose I might be able to suggest something specific.

2 minutes ago, Dark Manor said:

and time consuming. If you would tell me your purpose I might be able to suggest something specific.

I already have that. I meant in real time so like I have 2 microphone inputs but discord only accepts 1 so I want to merge them into 1 stream. 

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

5 minutes ago, Dark Manor said:

I just found Virtual Audio Cable but its not free. Is there a free version of a similar program.

My Rig

Peripherals

What kind of mics.

And might I ask what the second mic is meant to accomplish?

5 minutes ago, Dark Manor said:

What kind of mics.

And might I ask what the second mic is meant to accomplish?

Well one of them isn't really a mic. Its stereo mix but its a mic input. 

My Rig

Peripherals

9 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

I just found Virtual Audio Cable but its not free. Is there a free version of a similar program.

No idea. Can you tell me what interface the microphones use? usb, xlr, etc.

1 minute ago, Dark Manor said:

No idea. Can you tell me what interface the microphones use? usb, xlr, etc.

The red audio jack on the back of my pc.

My Rig

Peripherals

Virtual audio cable is free (for one virtual cable), if you donate $5 you get two more virtual cables.

Anyways, sounds like you want Voice Meeter. you can have two mic inputs into one output.

Unreleated; check out VST Host; its free any you can use free vsts like gates, reverb, gain, eq, compressor. good stuff

2 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

The red audio jack on the back of my pc.

Both of them?

1 minute ago, Dark Manor said:

Both of them?

No one of them is a virtual microphone I guess. Stereo mix takes windows output and turns it into a microphone audio signal. Other one is a regular mic.

My Rig

Peripherals

Also if you are trying to play sounds from an application via a "microphone", also look at Audio Router... it lets you route a specific application like Chrome or spotify.. into a virtual cable and treat it like a microphone input, so that you dont hear all the other applications making sounds on the stereo mix.

I've found this:

https://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-Pro-Stereo-Splitter-Headphones/dp/B00GN76HAG/ref=sr_1_6?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1532058312&sr=1-6&keywords=3.5mm+splitter

Use it if you can but I think that this: 

4 minutes ago, BeefyMeats said:

is a better thing to try.

2 minutes ago, BeefyMeats said:

Also if you are trying to play sounds from an application via a "microphone", also look at Audio Router... it lets you route a specific application like Chrome or spotify.. into a virtual cable and treat it like a microphone input, so that you dont hear all the other applications making sounds on the stereo mix.

2 minutes ago, Dark Manor said:

Big thanks to you both.

My Rig

Peripherals

You can also just add your mic signal to stereo mix by "listening to" it so there's only one thing to record.  Not sure if that is practical in your situation though.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You can also just add your mic signal to stereo mix by "listening to" it so there's only one thing to record.  Not sure if that is practical in your situation though.

Thats what I do now, but yeah its not practical.

My Rig

Peripherals