Upgrade L200H's HDD ?

Go to solution Solved by karsnoordhuis,

I hope your soldering skills are much better as a eMMC is basically a soldered down sd card. You need a hot air thing for this and a new chip with the same pin layout. So yes its possible, but do you really wat to do it? 

Hi guys. I bought a ASUS L200H utra portable laptop about a year ago, and it fonctions great, but it has a problem. It is constently out of storage. To make matters worse, windows is harrasing me with "security updates" i absolutely have to install, but I don't have any space left, considering I only installed a bunch of programs such as chrome, discord, steam (without any games) and office. So, 2 questions. Is there a way to find the most space consuming programs (because windows itself shows wrong numbers : 12g used but none of the programs using more then 50mo, LOGIC). And is it possible to upgrade a eMMC HDD, and how. Thank's for your time, and sorry for my terrible writting skills, I'm not english :P

I hope your soldering skills are much better as a eMMC is basically a soldered down sd card. You need a hot air thing for this and a new chip with the same pin layout. So yes its possible, but do you really wat to do it? 

6 minutes ago, karsnoordhuis said:

I guess I should'nt do this at home... Do you have any idea where all the 12g of used storage are located ?

19 minutes ago, Reddox said:

Hi guys. I bought a ASUS L200H utra portable laptop about a year ago, and it fonctions great, but it has a problem. It is constently out of storage. To make matters worse, windows is harrasing me with "security updates" i absolutely have to install, but I don't have any space left, considering I only installed a bunch of programs such as chrome, discord, steam (without any games) and office. So, 2 questions. Is there a way to find the most space consuming programs (because windows itself shows wrong numbers : 12g used but none of the programs using more then 50mo, LOGIC). And is it possible to upgrade a eMMC HDD, and how. Thank's for your time, and sorry for my terrible writting skills, I'm not english :P

is there a 2.5 inch bay? i upgraded my laptop with a 1tb hybrid drive.

3 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

is there a 2.5 inch bay? i upgraded my laptop with a 1tb hybrid drive.

I oppened it and have seen no such thing :/

6 minutes ago, Reddox said:

I oppened it and have seen no such thing :/

m.2 ssd?

2 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

m.2 ssd?

It is an ultra portable laptoop I doubt there is any unused IO

Anyway, thanks for your help, I'm gonna relocate the topic. :)

16 hours ago, Reddox said:

I guess I should'nt do this at home... Do you have any idea where all the 12g of used storage are located ?

Download windirstat. It shows all files and their sizes. Windows also takes up quite a bit of storage.