Tracking issues with the Vive

During some rough housing one of the lighthouses in my apartment was knocked to the group and took a pretty hard hit. Initially there were some bugs in tracking but it still worked like 90%. Unfortunately the tracking problem has progressed to the point where standing still my model moves 5 to 15 meters in any given direction. 

Is there anyway to diagnose the issue to double check if its my lighthouse to blame? More importantly, do I need to drop another $200 on a new lighthouse? :(

Have you redone the room setup?

Can you take a photo using a camera of the lighthouse while working, so all the tracking hardware is visible (should be purple), maybe try a phone camera.

Have you tried cabled sync?(using the very long cable, lighthouses at A and B)

Lighthouses are only supposed to cost $135, not 200.

Still a ripoff though.

I have redone the room set up, the tracking issues persist even when trying to set it up. Both the headset and the controllers seem to move all over the place even if they are staying still.

I have checked the light house IR emitters and they seem to be in order.

I have not tried cable sync. I'm not sure what cable you mean. I didn't recieve any very long cable with my vive

2 minutes ago, ChuckVader said:

I cable sync. I'm not sure what cable you mean. I didn't recieve any very long cable with my vive

You didnt receive the 15M sync cable? Double check your box.

Also maybe RMA'ing your lighthouse would be cheaper?

8 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Still a ripoff though.

They are out of stock almost everywhere and are therefore overpriced

9 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Still a ripoff though.

In the great white northen tundra of Canadia they sell on Amazon.ca for $199.

6 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

You didnt receive the 15M sync cable? Double check your box.

Also maybe RMA'ing your lighthouse would be cheaper?

I bought my vive at launch, well outside the RMA window, and after going through HTC's customer service trying to get them to resend the main cable attaching the vive to the box because it was defective, I'm done dealing with their staff. I'd rather spend the $200 and save my sanity.

Also, I definitely do not have any 15 meter long cable. Again, maybe it wasn't included in the launch model? hmm...

34 minutes ago, ChuckVader said:

Also, I definitely do not have any 15 meter long cable. Again, maybe it wasn't included in the launch model? hmm...

It definitely was. I have it. It is basically an audio cable.

1 minute ago, Some Random Member said:

It definitely was. I have it. It is basically an audio cable.

I'll take another look in my box, it may be there. If not, it looks like just a regular M/M audio cable, think I can get away with just grabbing one online?

59 minutes ago, ChuckVader said:

I'll take another look in my box, it may be there. If not, it looks like just a regular M/M audio cable, think I can get away with just grabbing one online?

Before that there is a much better way to test. Set the room setup up with only 1 sensor. For that set the senos in to "A" mode. Then at first set it up with only the sensor you didnt drop. See how it works. Then setup with only the broken sensor. 

It shouldnt have any problems with only the working sensor, but tracking should be very broken on the broken sensor. That is my hypothesis.

46 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Before that there is a much better way to test. Set the room setup up with only 1 sensor. For that set the senos in to "A" mode. Then at first set it up with only the sensor you didnt drop. See how it works. Then setup with only the broken sensor. 

It shouldnt have any problems with only the working sensor, but tracking should be very broken on the broken sensor. That is my hypothesis.

Brilliant! I'll try this when I get home today.