Task Manager > Users

Hello Guys, im just curious about this on my Task manager "Users" which is eating my Memory is there a way how to get rid of it? or is this normal and it cant get rid of it? thank you so much for your time!

Untitled.png

27 minutes ago, Arcana said:

Hello Guys, im just curious about this on my Task manager "Users" which is eating my Memory is there a way how to get rid of it? or is this normal and it cant get rid of it? thank you so much for your time!

As @Snipergod87 said, you don't have to be alarmed by that - it's to allow you to see how much memory each person using the computer is using, if it's a shared machine.

If you're the only person who uses your machine, there will only ever be one user there, and everything listed there is programs you personally are running (or are running under your account, instead of services etc or windows tasks). The memory usage there is the total memory usage of all the programs listed on the "details" tab, with your username, and you can also see these in a different format by clicking the carat (>) to the left of your name on the "users" page.

10 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

you only have 2gb of ram??

That is not what that value means. It means that out of their total memory, 27% is being actively used, of which 573.1MB is being used by that user.

For example, on my system, you might assume I have 12-16GB of ram if you assume 2.4GB is 16% of my total.

users.png.3d48d7df5e0344cfb1fe65d3d32d1ee5.png

Whereas I actually have 32.

Memory.png.c11c1e4857e5c3305308749679b14d7c.png

Edited by Tabs
Corrected pronoun

7 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

you only have 2gb of ram??

8gb ram

7 hours ago, Tabs said:

As @Snipergod87 said, you don't have to be alarmed by that - it's to allow you to see how much memory each person using the computer is using, if it's a shared machine.

If you're the only person who uses your machine, there will only ever be one user there, and everything listed there is programs you personally are running (or are running under your account, instead of services etc or windows tasks). The memory usage there is the total memory usage of all the programs listed on the "details" tab, with your username, and you can also see these in a different format by clicking the carat (>) to the left of your name on the "users" page.

Thanks for the info. Even im the only one using this machine? I still got this User thinggy on my task manager?

5 hours ago, Arcana said:

Thanks for the info. Even im the only one using this machine? I still got this User thinggy on my task manager?

Yes, that's correct. It's a good way to see how much memory is being used by your own programs running under your username, and everything else - system services and background programs.

If you take the memory your user profile is using and remove it from the total memory being used on the performance > memory (in use) figure, you can see how much of your resources are in use by the system and your background programs without having to go through the entire process list.