Monitor recommendation

Wok City

Firstly thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks again if offering any suggestions.

- Require 2 monitors
- Budget $800 AUD total 
- Usage is like 50:50 between gaming and work/media 
- 24" or 27"

I am looking at getting a pair of new monitors to replace my current Asus VS248H (https://www.asus.com/au/Monitors/VS248H/).
I bought them six years ago when I first built my current desktop (which I am in the middle of upgrading) and have just started to look at possibly replacing them. The current monitors are 1920 x 1080 TN Panels, 60Hz, 2ms.

I used to play games like CS:GO, Battlefield, Rust quite heavily when I first got my monitors but lately (past year or so) I haven't played many games as much and more just use it for University work (Photoshop quite a bit, AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp) and media consumption (Netflix, Twitch and YouTube).

I have a GTX 1070 and if I were to upgrade in the future it would most likely be to a Nvidia card again. So I am wondering if a G-sync monitor is worth looking at or not. Apart from that I don't really know what monitors are popular/recommended these days. I assume I am probably after an IPS panel, but if I ever do decide to play FPS games I don't want the IPS to be an issue. As to whether Full HD or higher I don't think I'm to fussed, would probably prefer higher as long as programs scale fine.

Finally same kind of story with widescreen, curved and whatever other options there are, well I haven't really experienced the aforementioned so don't know if that's something I am interested in. Would this be comparable to the first time you go to dual monitors you never want to go back to using a single monitor (at least for myself)?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks again.