New headset time :D

sandpiper131

I have had a turtle beach x12 for 2 years now and it is time to get a new headset. I am looking for a good headset that has voice monitoring like the x12 does and it is no more than $120. Any suggestions? Btw I am not using a console it is for a pc. I was thinking of the steelseries siberia v2

What do you mean by voice monitoring?

He might mean hear himself while hes talking?

The voice monitor thing is actually pretty nice to have, but I wouldn't count on that feature as very important. I had that on my P11s and it was a neat feature that already comes built in but I don't miss it with my PC360s and I've gotten use to not having that feature anymore. I wouldn't limit your search just because of that feature.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

What do you mean by voice monitoring?

It is like an echo kind of thing where when u talk you can hear your own voice

Voice monitoring! Something the Windows does natively! 
Get headphones and a mic.

Yes windows can do this with the listen feature. Also this can be enabled in many voice chat programs.

Yes windows can do this with the listen feature. Also this can be enabled in many voice chat programs.

Would be amusing to just start stacking monitoring programs, hope that they have different latency so you can pretend you're shout casting in a older baseball stadium. 

It is like an echo kind of thing where when u talk you can hear your own voice

It's not exclusive to a certain headset. I would just get headphones and a mic instead of a headset honestly, it will sound better for both ends and it will last longer. Are you going to be using them for music and gaming?

Spoiler

It's not exclusive to a certain headset. I would just get headphones and a mic instead of a headset honestly, it will sound better for both ends and it will last longer. Are you going to be using them for music and gaming?

Turtle Beach mainly makes console headsets and to do that on a console you would need it built in. Im kinda wondering why one would need or want the feature though.

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

Those are good but i am kind of on a tight budget of that price because I only have $215 and i need $90 of it for a new hard drive

You should look for headphones instead of headsets and get an cheap external mic. Headsets are most of the time overpriced and marketed as if it saves your life when you get shot in the head.

You should look for headphones instead of headsets and get an cheap external mic. Headsets are most of the time overpriced and marketed as if it saves your life when you get shot in the head.

+1

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR2500-USB-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B004QJREXM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388344948&sr=8-2&keywords=audio-technica+mic will give you better monitoring than any headset feature. Add a pair of Pioneer SE-A1000 headphones and you got a great gaming setup for under your budget.