Xbox One S controller not connecting to Windows 10 PC

Hello everyone,

I have this small problem where my controller won't connect to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth (version 1803)

First it did connect but wouldn't work very well, it was really delayed or sometimes wouldn't do anything and then it would just disconnect by itself when I tried using it in Rocket League. With a micro USB cable it works fine though.

I downloaded the Xbox accessories app from Microsoft store and I have the newest firmware.

Also I looked online if my motherboard had any new driver updates for bluetooth, but it didn't have any for Skylake, but it did have one for Kabylake (see picture below), should I give that a try or no? (the motherboard is taken from Asus G11CD)

Oh and first when it did work, I had to be really close to the PC to get the controller do something (it was really laggy and delayed then also), and when I went  a little farther away from the PC it would disconnect right away.

I think once the PC did connect to the controller when I was farther away, but then would disconnect again.

Just want to point out that the controller works with my phone via bluetooth, so I don't think that the controller is the problem.

**UPDATE**

I got the controller working (at least for now) by playing around with the controller and bluetooth drivers, but now it only works when the controller is almost touching the PC

**UPDATE 2**

Okay after some research, it appears that other people has/had this short range problem and it might just be a trick to get people buy the USB adatper 

Thank you :)

bluetooth.png

Go to device Manager, go to the xbox controller and update the driver to the correct one. If it's listed as an "Unknown Device", then that's your issue. Just make sure it's on the right driver version. (I have a 360 controller and wireless receiver, and the receiver was using the generic xbox 360 controller driver, and not the receiver driver) 

30 minutes ago, Rev Games said:

Go to device Manager, go to the xbox controller and update the driver to the correct one. If it's listed as an "Unknown Device", then that's your issue. Just make sure it's on the right driver version. (I have a 360 controller and wireless receiver, and the receiver was using the generic xbox 360 controller driver, and not the receiver driver) 

Alright, thanks you for this, I got the controller working by playing around with the controller and bluetooth drivers. Now the only problem is that it disconnects when I go farther away from the PC, but it works fine when I'm super close to it

On 7/7/2018 at 8:30 PM, Varpin said:

Alright, thanks you for this, I got the controller working by playing around with the controller and bluetooth drivers. Now the only problem is that it disconnects when I go farther away from the PC, but it works fine when I'm super close to it

Okay, I know this is a very basic suggestion but does your bluetooth card or whatever require an antenna maybe? Mine does. You have to screw in two cables into the back of the card for the antenna.

It kind of sounds like that since it only works at short distances so worth a mention.