Should I root my note 3?

flexwave
Go to solution Solved by Nineshadow,

So if I wanted stock kitkat or whatever I would lose the s-pen features, I'm using go launcher and some uccw widgets and Automateit to use googlenow instead of s-voice etc. So I'm kinda happy with it but stock android would be better

There is a stock kitkat launchcer out there,pretty close to it I must say.But yeah,if you were to install a custom ROM you'll lose all those features.

Hi all first thread on here,

I am pretty experienced with phones but have never rooted one before mainly because with htc I didn't feel the need, I loved htc sense. 

I got a note 3 because I had a note 10.1 and really found the s-pen useful and it broke and decided to go for a phablet and this seemed to be the best for me despite my dislike for touchwiz.

I've done a lot to get rid of as many samsung features as possible but I was wandering about rooting it and if I did would I be able to keep all the s-pen features I use like s-note and action memo? and have 2 apps open at once? and making a pen window? 

If I can keep these features I'd love to root my phone.

Appreciate any help.

Rooting only gives you extra permissions.With a rooted phone you can OC/UC your CPU and install some other apps.You aren't changing your ROM so you will keep all the features.Installing a custom ROM is a different story however.

Note that rooting voids your warranty.

You can change the way your phone looks with launchers.I use Nova w/ lots of UCCW widgets,etc.Themer's good if you want something very easy to do. <- doesn't require rooting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-iqdR7AaJw if you want a guide

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Rooting only gives you extra permissions.With a rooted phone you can OC/UC your CPU and install some other apps.You aren't changing your ROM so you will keep all the features.Installing a custom ROM is a different story however.

Note that rooting voids your warranty.

You can change the way your phone looks with launchers.I use Nova w/ lots of UCCW widgets,etc.Themer's good if you want something very easy to do. <- doesn't require rooting

So if I wanted stock kitkat or whatever I would lose the s-pen features, I'm using go launcher and some uccw widgets and Automateit to use googlenow instead of s-voice etc. So I'm kinda happy with it but stock android would be better

There is a stock kitkat launchcer out there,pretty close to it I must say.But yeah,if you were to install a custom ROM you'll lose all those features.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Thanks for your help, very helpful, I'll stick with what I have. 

Thanks for your help, very helpful, I'll stick with what I have. 

Rooting doesn't modify the way your phone looks.You can do it if you want to OC or something like that,but it's all you're gonna get.

Just keep it this way, compatible software with your S-pen too.

I think Nova Launcher gives a near stock Android home screen skin instead of Touchwiz.
This isn't rooting, but rather a different launcher (just to clarify).
I'm using it right now. Even paid for the Prime feature.