CASE: Thermaltake Armor Plus

MOBO: EVGA X79 FTW

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @4.3GHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080

RAM: Corsair Vengance DDR3 16GB

SSD: Samsung 850 PRO

Cooling: Kraken X60

PSU: Kingwin MACH 1 800W Modular Power Supply 

Due to basically needing most items as I will be using a new socket type and such, I'll be making two systems.

New items:

(Already purchase)

CASE: Two of the Thermaltake Core P3 ATX Tempered Glass Gaming Computer Case Chassis (with wall mounts)

MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING LGA1151

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (with delid tool & liquid metal, Will use MX4 for cooler however)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 (I will be using this for the first build above, and will use the MACH 1 on this one)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 SC 2GB GDDR5 (I will be using this for the first build above, and will use the GTX 1080 on this one)

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62

What do you guys think? Any feedback? I'm not 100% on this mother board but please let me know what I could change or what you suggest. I will post pictures as I purchase things and start the build.

IMG_2114.JPG

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 CPU

HDD: VelociRaptor 300GB

What's the theme or design plan for the new build? Curious as the P3 is one of my favorite cases

Well no particular theme, but I was thinking on just mounting both of them one on top of the other. New comp having LED's different color and such, and the older comp (the one that will be on the bottom) with a light red glow. I was either A) thinking on mounting it on the left side wall of the first picture, or B) mounting it on the room behind that wall, and passing the cables through the wall to have a silent room (like Linus's). I haven't decided yet.

17 hours ago, XiuzSu said:

Well no particular theme, but I was thinking on just mounting both of them one on top of the other. New comp having LED's different color and such, and the older comp (the one that will be on the bottom) with a light red glow. I was either A) thinking on mounting it on the left side wall of the first picture, or B) mounting it on the room behind that wall, and passing the cables through the wall to have a silent room (like Linus's). I haven't decided yet.

Sounds like a fun project. That will be an art piece you don't want to hide it behind a wall lol. I've seen a couple builds with 2 P3's like that and they look sweet, one had the rads and reservoirs while the other had the hardware. 

Thanks! I was thinking the same. The room on the other side is my bedroom by the way, so I'll see it anyway as its not a closet or something.

Do you think I should swap the PSU as I plan to do or should I just use the new EVGA one on the new build?

I have the evga supernova 850 g1+ in my threadripper build, I think you should be fine with it even if you ever decide to SLI. It all depends on what you want though as they are both good. 

Update!

I've purchased all the following components:

MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING LGA1151

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (with delid tool & liquid metal)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz (I Originally was getting 16GB, but then.. I thought, go big or go home so I purchased the following)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3200MHz

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850

GPU: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 SC 2GB GDDR5 (Note: This is not for the new build, this is to replace the 1080 on my current build)

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

SSD: PNY CS900 120GB

Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 (The X61 was charging $15 for shipping (I have prime so I didn't wanted to pay shipping), so I opted to pay the extra $35 and just get the X62).

Cables/Extensions: 2x Cat 7 cables, 4x USB 3.0 extension, 3x 3.5mm extension, 3.5mm male to male, 2x DVI to HDMI adapter, 2x HDMI cables.

I'll post pictures when I receive the new parts. Everything is on either 1, 2, or 3 days delivery... EXCEPT the Mobo which says is not available and will ship out on Wed, Jul 18... which sucks.

Do you guys have any good RGB static pressure fans recommendations? Thanks!

I'm using the In Win polaris fans, they aren't SP but keep my 1950x cool on an extreme overclock, plus they were free thank to sponsorship so kinda got to use them lol

Got all of the components! I will start the build on Wednesday!

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG