Something WRONG with LAPTOP WEBCAM?

Hi Everyone,

Recently I noticed a white-ish spot(please see red circle) on my HP Laptop integrated webcam near the normal big circle, is it normal to be like that?

What do you think it is? Could it be a water droplet?

Is it normal to be there?

Thank you in advance.

camera.png

As long as it works correctly then it is nothing to worry about

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Try to clean in slightly. If it doesn't come off it may have to something with the camera.

Looks like moisture to me... :o

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

1 minute ago, Husky said:

As long as it works correctly then it is nothing to worry about

Thank you, I appreciate it. It does work fine for the moment, I just noticed it.

Should that small white-ish spot be there?

1 minute ago, slaxunix said:

Thank you, I appreciate it. It does work fine for the moment, I just noticed it.

Should that small white-ish spot be there?

No, it could be anything but if it works properly and the quality is fine then don’t worry. It it really bothers you then you could demand a replacement since it is a defect, but if it works fine then it won’t cause any harm.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Husky said:

No, it could be anything but if it works properly and the quality is fine then don’t worry. It it really bothers you then you could demand a replacement since it is a defect, but if it works fine then it won’t cause any harm.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

I checked the webcam functionality, it shows just fine on the laptop screen/monitor (not blurred, and the white dot does not show on the actual laptop screen) but the white dot does not go off the webcam, I tried cleaning with my glasses cloth.

2 hours ago, Jonas_2909 said:

Looks like moisture to me... :o

How could moisture even get in there? I thought the screen case is sealed.

If it was moisture, would it show up on the laptop screen when turning on the camera?

Could that hypothetically "moisture" cause corrosion or affect anything over time?

On 30/06/2018 at 8:15 PM, slaxunix said:

How could moisture even get in there? I thought the screen case is sealed.

If it was moisture, would it show up on the laptop screen when turning on the camera?

Could that hypothetically "moisture" cause corrosion or affect anything over time?

I don't know, how it'd get in there, but I guess it might have somehow forced its way in there. 

I think it would likely show up on the screen, although technically, it wouldn't necessarily have to...

It might cause some corrosion, but again, I think it wouldn't necessarily have to... 

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace