Cpu Fan Not working

I just completed my first PC build but ran into one small problem.... I can't get my cpu fan working. I'm using ryzen 5 2400g processor, a msi B350M gaming pro mobo and two G.Skill 3200ghz ddr4 4gb ram sticks. Any suggestions on how I could get my cpu fan working would be appreciated.  

What you plugged the fan into a fan header on the motherboard?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

yes. it is correctly aligned on the pins that say cpu_fan1. When I boot into the bios and turn the fan with my hand it detects the rpm.

1 hour ago, Alexrcherry said:

yes. it is correctly aligned on the pins that say cpu_fan1. When I boot into the bios and turn the fan with my hand it detects the rpm.

Are you using the stock cpu cooler and default motherboard settings?

Have you tried setting the fan in the motherboard settings to 100%?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you using the stock cpu cooler and default motherboard settings?

Have you tried setting the fan in the motherboard settings to 100%?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I am using the stock cooler and have tried many different settings with both the cpu and  sys fan headers. 

37 minutes ago, Alexrcherry said:

I am using the stock cooler and have tried many different settings with both the cpu and  sys fan headers. 

Do you have a molex fan adapter or another system you can test the fan with?

Are case fans working with same headers? That could be dead fan. In which case contact store for replacement.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Do you have a molex fan adapter or another system you can test the fan with?

i don't but i do have a variable regulated power supply is there any way i could test it with dc power?

5 hours ago, Alexrcherry said:

i don't but i do have a variable regulated power supply is there any way i could test it with dc power?

DC works fine. The fan uses 12v.