Silverstone SG08 Build

disaster999

I was walking in a computer mall one day and came across this case. I thought Linus had covered the unboxing of this but I was wrong. I did some research on the case and the more I looked the more I liked the case. I decided to pull the trigger and build my self a small form factor budget gaming PC.

Motherboard: Gigabyte H77N-WIFI

CPU: Intel I5 3470 3.2ghz

Ram: Adata 8gb DDR3 1600mhz

Boot Drive: Intel 330 120gb SSD

Storage Drive: Seagate 500gb

Graphics: MSI R7770 ghz edition

Power supply: Silverstone 600W 80plus Bronze, included with the case

Case Fan: Nactua NF-P12 PWM

on with the pics

Shuttle like footprint, but looks much better IMO

IMG-20130324-WA0007.jpg

Inside shots. Not the best cable management. they cable length the PSU included was ridiculously long. I was thinking if i had the time I would replace every single wire with some high flex silicone sleeved wire for a much cleaner look

IMG-20130324-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20130324-WA0006.jpg

I replaced the stock 180mm fan with the NF-P12PWM fan since the 180mm Fan was just too big for me to route some of the wires. I plan on adding a close loop water cooler later so i can take advantage of the high pressure fan.

IMG-20130324-WA0004.jpg

Nice case, and yes when you have time you can slowly re-sleeve the PSU cables

Nice build, it looks very compact but at the same time airflow looks great too :).

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the case. I just wise the power cables are better suited for this case, and for the price, theres no excuse for it not to.

Question regarding rewiring the wires, should I even bother with unsoldering all wires from the power supply and replacing it with higher quality, highly flexible all black wires+sleeving? Or should I only go as far as shortening the cables to suit my needs, re-sleeve it with better quality sleeve and call it a day?

I am pretty good with the soldering iron and have done some electronic works before, but have not looked inside a power supply before and not sure how all the power cables are routed.

I probably wont go for individually sleeved cables since with the current bundle it was a pretty tight fit. Individually sleeving each cable will only add to the bulk...unless I hack into my case, which I dont want to.

Any other suggestions?