ATH-AD700X sound weird

zzknight
Go to solution Solved by zzknight,
4 hours ago, EsaT said:

There seems to be actually very recently updated driver package for that, maybe that's for fixing something recently broken by Microsoft in Wintoys10 updates.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=rjxnf

You could check Realtek's driver version in Device Manager if it matches to that 6.0.1.8228

Hallelujah updating the drivers worked. I tried updating them before, but I only checked using the windows auto-check. However, it wasn't that easy to update them lol. I spent a couple hours troubleshooting after I kept getting a 0001 error code, but I tried this application called DriverEasy and it actually updated the realtek drivers to an even more recent update. Anyways I really appreciated the assistance, thank you.

I need some help

I've had a pair of ATH-AD700X for several months now and they always never lived up to the hype for me.

They just weren't that good, and sounded like a pair of earbuds. However, about a month ago I recently updated to the most recent windows 10 and when I put them on they sounded awesome.

I started messing around with the audio settings trying to see what had changed, but when I got back on the next day they went back to their normal garbage. 

My main theory lies in when I got the update it might have reset the audio settings back to default and then I fucked them up again. Thats why I've tried to put them back to default, but I'm probably missing something. I'm kinda at the point where I just want to factory reset my pc and see what happens.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

(I also had a pair corsair void pros before, the ad700x, but were too heavy for me so I returned them. I'm pretty sure I messed around with the audio settings back then too).

Wintoys10 updates can change/break many things under the hood, so might have even gotten new update.

Or it might have force updated bad sound card drivers.

What sound card are you using?

10 hours ago, EsaT said:

Wintoys10 updates can change/break many things under the hood, so might have even gotten new update.

Or it might have force updated bad sound card drivers.

What sound card are you using?

Well I have two things listed underneath the sound tab in device manager.

AMD High Definition Audio Device

Realtek Audio

(I don't know the specific model)

That "something" High Definition Audio Device is graphics card's HDMI.

But that could only hijack all audio, so it won't affect this.

What motherboard you have?

1 hour ago, EsaT said:

That "something" High Definition Audio Device is graphics card's HDMI.

But that could only hijack all audio, so it won't affect this.

What motherboard you have?

So I have a Inspiron Gaming Desktop 5675, it's a pre-built from dell so they have some unrecognizable motherboards, but it does have an "identifier" on the manual.

Motherboard Identifier: GUID-0FB72875-2CE1-490D-8E55-4083E488BE9E

I also think I may have found the sound card in the manual. It might be a Realtek ALC3861

Here's the link for the online manuals: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-5675-gaming-desktop/manuals

Thanks for all the help.

There seems to be actually very recently updated driver package for that, maybe that's for fixing something recently broken by Microsoft in Wintoys10 updates.

You could check Realtek's driver version in Device Manager if it matches to that 6.0.1.8228

4 hours ago, EsaT said:

Hallelujah updating the drivers worked. I tried updating them before, but I only checked using the windows auto-check. However, it wasn't that easy to update them lol. I spent a couple hours troubleshooting after I kept getting a 0001 error code, but I tried this application called DriverEasy and it actually updated the realtek drivers to an even more recent update. Anyways I really appreciated the assistance, thank you.